Senior Program Director, Arts
Date Posted: 1/24/2020
Posting End Date: 2/6/2020
Requisition Number: 9627
Location: MORRISON BRANCH
Address: 9405 Bryant Farms Rd.
Salary Range: $47,476 – $54,788
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director Programs and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Senior Program Director is responsible for the administration, operation, supervision, budgeting and leadership development of all his/her designated program areas. These areas include: Art Programs (Dance, Cooking, Visual Arts and Performing Arts, Arts Afterschool and Preschool of the Arts) as well as the day to day operations & development of the branch Arts Center. This position is responsible for all organizational revenue, expense, quality, and retention goals as well as overseeing a professional well-trained service staff that offers members consistent, exceptional customer service. Assist with the growth and development of the overall community initiatives.
- Supervise the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental goals for Art departments (Dance, Cooking, Visual Arts and Performing Arts, Arts Afterschool and Preschool of the Arts) and the Ballantyne Arts Center that will reflect branch and association goals.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, develop and recognize all staff and volunteers involved with related programs.
- Work with the Marketing department to implement a marketing plan for all responsibility areas.
- Represent the YMCA and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations and community leaders.
- Maintain adequate records to evaluate control and measure the effectiveness or assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Assess, develop, and implement new program opportunities for the branch and community.
- Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of departmental budgets to achieve branch fiscal goals.
- Maintain or exceed the Quality Scores for Program Evaluations set by the Charlotte YMCA Association Quality Standards for the branch and community.
- Serve on Association projects and teams to further grow programs and other metro initiatives.
- Be a team player by supporting the goals and objectives of all departments.
- R.O.S.T.E.R. all staff as well as program volunteers.
- Provide for all program development, documentation and evaluation of all areas.
- Ensure appropriately trained staff and emphasize excellent member satisfaction.
- Develop, promote and monitor all programs, activities and special events to the membership.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s
point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Four year college degree from an accredited college; Performing Arts – Theatre related field preferred.
- Minimum three years experience in related area, with three years proven experience in supervision.
- Minimum three years’ experience working with appropriately aged participants in related areas within community and/or structured programs.
- Must have strong communication skills, professional demeanor and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have previous experience recruiting, hiring, training and supervising others.
- A well-developed understanding of the roles, responsibilities and organization of staff and volunteers, with proven expertise in building and sustaining collaborations within surrounding communities.
- Proven experience in budget development, fiscal management, and expense control
- Strong management and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and accurately complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and data base management.
- Ability to work in excess of a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Must be able to lift and carry food and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
- Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
- Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
There has never been a better time to join the YMCA of Charlotte! Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility. If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a difference, please continue by completing our online application. Thank you for your interest in our Y!
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte reserves the right to remove a position at any time.
TO APPLY: Visit the YMCA website.