The Operations Manager primary focus is on administrative and operational functions. These include daily financial management, human resources administration and technology oversight, to ensure operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Works with the Executive Director and leadership team to provide administration and operations support.
Daily Financial/Operational Functions:
- Oversees and maintains Wing Haven daily financial procedures at the operational level and coordinates monthly process with bookkeeper – to include accounts receivable and payable on a weekly basis, ensuring best practices for cash handling and fiscal handling at a nonprofit organization.
- Manages all purchasing and contracts
- Advises the Executive Director on health and property casualty insurance needs and review of annual premiums.
- Provides administrative support for building and grounds needs, including the contracted janitorial service.
- Manages all permitting and non profit compliance issues including annual charitable solicitation license, and other tasks related to nonprofit compliance.
- Manages technology processes and implementation of new programs/software, as well as manages any problems with systems by working with contracted technology consultant
Human Resources (HR) Administration
- Responsible for updating organizational policies and procedures, as well as employee handbook. Keeps staff apprised of policies and any changes during weekly staff meetings. Responsible for the HR administration function for Wing Haven assisting with hiring process, onboarding new hires, orientation and training of new employees, maintenance of staff continuing education records, vacation.
- Supervision of Administrative Assistant.
- Serve as part of the leadership team
- Participate in staff meetings
- Provide support to leadership team
- Procurement of supplies
- Daily cash management
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of applicable experience at a non profit organization or comparable experience.
- Task-oriented, efficient and attentive to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with team members in a supportive and professional manner.
- Proficient in database management, Microsoft Office and G-suite applications, ability to create spreadsheets and run reports.
- Project management skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin, religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender identity and/or sexual orientation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Wing Haven, att: Operations Manager, 260 Ridgewood Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28209 or apply online email@example.com
Apply by: 02/1/2022