Full Time – Reports to Head Gardener
Hours: 40 hours per week with rotating Saturdays
Compensation: $15/hour and includes medical insurance and employee saving package
Position Overview: Wing Haven is looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our team of committed professionals dedicated to achieving high horticultural standards, along with an interest in working in a public garden. Works under the supervision of the head gardener as part of the team responsible for maintenance of the property. Assist with daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal tasks. Must have a desire to learn and be amenable to on the job training. Serve as an ambassador for Wing Haven.
This full time position requires some evenings and weekends to support Wing Haven events. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to work well with others, as part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail and completing task thoroughly
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Must be willing to learn new skills under the direction of the head gardener
- Must enjoy working outdoors with a variety of task to execute daily
- Must be able to read worksheets required for event setup
- Must be able to speak and understand English
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the gardens are ready for visitors daily
- Assist with preservation and care of the gardens
- Handle daily tasks of opening the buildings, walking the gardens for debris, feeding the birds, etc.
- Clean up leaves, debris, pools, drains, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment
- Help maintain organization of storage and work areas.
- Follow a watering schedule to ensure adequate care of the plants
- Must be able to serve all guests equally regardless of their age, disability, national origin,religious belief, veteran status, race/color, genetic information, marital status, gender,identity and/or sexual orientation.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Assist with Wing Haven events as needed
- Assist with setup for events, meetings, programs and rentals
- Prepare for visitors daily
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assist with nursery volunteers and plant sale as needed
- Requires teamwork and a positive attitude
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
260 Ridgewood Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28209
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls
Application Deadline February 1, 2022