The West Boulevard Neighborhood Coalition (WBNC) is a Charlotte-based grassroots nonprofit organization with a community-led and community-driven mission.
The Executive Director will be responsible for strategic and organizational execution of the Coalition’s mission and pillars, as well as execution of the corridor playbook. This position will report directly to the WBNC Board of Directors. This is a full-time position that requires work in the evenings and on weekends.
The Executive Director will work directly for the Coalition and Three Sisters Market boards on a daily/weekly or as needed basis for support and guidance related to:
- Strategic Operational Issues
- Fiduciary Oversight/Contracts Administration
- Partnership Development/Coordination
Executive Director will play a critical role in achieving the vision of the Coalition by developing and executing the overall strategies and initiatives. Executive Director day-to-day operations and staff management oversight responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and plan agenda for all board meetings, both internal and with community partners.
- Ensure committees are meeting regularly and executing the organization’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate execution of strategies established in the West Blvd Playbook.
- Coordinate Seeds for Change/Urban Farm Management/Garden/Market implementation responsibilities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage the Farm Manager, Farmers Market Manager, and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Develop, supervise, and revise programs to ensure alignment with best practices and strategic goals.
- Ensure and coordinate alignment between WBNC Board of Directors and Three Sisters Market Board of Directors.
- Prepare various reports and adhere to all reporting deadlines.
- Monitor program outcomes and plan program adjustments to achieve desired qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
- Maintain organizational and operational integrity by ensuring the Coalition is in compliance with all federal, state, and local guidelines as mandated by law.
- Responsible for all Coalition communications, including social media, meeting minutes, and updates to the organization’s website.
- Develop Coalition communication plan.
Fundraising/Capital Campaign/Membership Drive Management
- Assist with the design and execution of a fundraising strategy in partnership with capital campaign strategist to support the Coalition and Three Sisters Market
- Research and write grant proposals to advance fundraising efforts.
- Foster relationships with individual donors, corporations and foundations.
- Develop and manage program budgets.
- Work closely with the bookkeeper and finance committee around grants management to ensure compliance with legal guidelines.
- Maintain accurate reporting and accounting records.
- Implement and monitor contracts implementation to ensure performance goals are achieved and critical timelines, benchmarks, and deadlines are met.
Board/External Partnership Development and Collaboration
- Work closely with community leaders to ensure alignment between programs and community aspirations.
- Engage with residents and organizations to garner support and recruit volunteers.
- Foster relationships with government and organizational leaders to collaborate on achieving Playbook
- Attend community events in representation of the Coalition.
Minimum qualifications for consideration of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, nonprofit administration, or a related field [Master’s Degree Preferred].
- Five or more years of experience, working in a grassroots community development/community economic development environment, or proven track record of success as evidence of experience.
Desired competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative/Human Resource Management skills.
- Strong Analytical and Organizational Development skills.
- Strong Community Engagement and Public Speaking skills.
- Strong Fiscal and Financial Management skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, ethnicities, and cultures is essential; including the ability to establish and maintain effective Board and External Partnership relationships is required.
Salary starts at $60,000 inclusive of benefits package. Salary negotiable based on education and experience.
Please send resumes and position inquiries to email@example.com by April 24th. Only electronic copies sent directly to the above email address will be accepted.