Why This Matters: Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to share your love of arts and culture with loved ones.
By Giovanna Torres
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Valentine’s Day can be stressful. Between planning a special date with your sweetheart to making sure you’ve got the perfect gift, preparing for this day can quickly become a hassle. Luckily for you, Charlotte offers infinite cultural options for you to think outside the box and plan a unique and unforgettable Valentine’s Day.
Here are some creative and romantic date ideas:
- Escape the busy, urban lifestyle and enjoy nature. Discover the beauty and wonders of nature while taking a morning or afternoon stroll at Wing Haven. The garden and bird sanctuary is open Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Travel abroad…without leaving Charlotte. The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art will help you stay on budget with its monthly night of FREE entertainment (Bechtler By Night). February’s theme, Travel Abroad, will let you and your sweetheart enjoy free admission, exhibitions, passport scavenger hunts, raffle prize drawing and complimentary light bites. Friday, Feb. 17 at the Bechtler.
- You’ve read the book, now experience the off-Broadway hit comedy Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus LIVE! (Feb. 10 & 11 at Booth Playhouse at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center).
- Gaze at the starts from Charlotte’s first digital planetarium at Discovery Place Nature. Find showtimes.
- Dinner dates are overdone. Instead, opt for a lunch date in the city and take an ArtBreak! Enjoy a FREE museum tour during lunch time at Levine Center for the Arts. The next ArtBreak takes place Thursday, Feb. 16, from 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. at The Mint Museum, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, and the Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture.
- Learn a new skill together. The Light Factory has an “Intro to Digital Photography” class. The evening class takes place February 7, 14, 21 and 28 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.