Position: Program Assistant (Part-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Program Assistant position is responsible for assisting with administrative and event coordination functions. Responsibilities range from invoicing and data collection to assisting with event promotion and coordination including volunteer recruitment and training.
This part-time position is primarily office-based. The schedule is flexible with some out-of-office, evening and weekend hours required for Tosco Music Parties (TMP’s) and Tosco Music Open Mics. The position offers an opportunity to work some hours remotely once established in the role.
- Program Administration & Operations
- Billing – assisting with incoming and outgoing payments, sending invoices and process payments, coordinating with bookkeeper to monitor weekly P&L for accuracy
- Data collection – gather records of participation and other outcome data to support program outcomes and grant reporting
- Data entry – assisting with entering contact information into CRM (Donor Perfect), updating Excel spreadsheets to maintain accurate records
- Program reports – provide for TMP’s, Open Mics and other outreach programs
- Office administration – maintain calendars, facilitate scheduling and correspondence, maintain office supply inventory, etc.
- Meeting support – printing, food purchases for Board meetings, event rehearsals
- Manage office volunteers – engage volunteers in office functions as available
- Event Promotion & Coordination
- Event promotion – assist with posting events in online calendars; coordinating with volunteers to distribute flyers and posters throughout the community; identifying and assisting with opportunities for new promotion and advertising of events
- Volunteer coordination – assist with volunteer recruitment, orientation/training, scheduling for TMP’s, Open Mics and other outreach programs
- Event coordination – assist with ongoing communication with venues, ordering catering for Green Room, coordinating supply purchases and rentals for events, managing guest list and coordinating comp tickets, managing starter cash withdrawal and post-show deposit from sale of merchandise/raffle tickets, assist with the preparation and printing of signs (performers, raffles, silent auction, etc.), communicating with raffle winners, maintaining merchandise inventory and coordinating orders for new merchandise. Assisting at the actual events, with volunteer coordination, venue preparation and general support during the event.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Excel and Word
- Proficiency with cloud-based storage (Dropbox or equivalent application) would be a benefit
- Experience with Donor Perfect or an equivalent CRM would be a benefit
- A good understanding with social media and email platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Constant Contact) is an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills to efficiently manage multiple projects and competing priorities with professional discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to proactively seek information when needed, and maintain consistent communication remotely
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent customer service relationship skills
- Team player who will be a collegial partner to all stakeholders including the Executive Director, Board, contractors, volunteers and external stakeholders
- Ability to think critically, make informed recommendations for process improvements
- Driver’s license and means of transportation
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs without assistance
This role is part of a very small team and the ideal candidate for this position will enjoy working independently at times and demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in a self-directed setting.
How to Apply
Email resume and a cover letter describing your required qualifications to Jane Ballard at email@example.com.
Please make the email subject line: Program Assistant.
No phone calls please.