Position: Tosco Music is seeking to hire an Administrative & Communications Coordinator to support the Development Manager and the Executive Director
Background: Born from intimate living room jam sessions in the 1980’s, Tosco Music Parties have grown into popular community concerts at Knight Theater 5 times each year. Nationally recognized acts share the stage with undiscovered artists and audience members are invited to sing along throughout the evening.
Since incorporating in 1999 as a nonprofit organization, Tosco Music has expanded its impact with a variety of outreach programs. From music parties and open mic nights, to music scholarships and ticket access programs and music events throughout the community, Tosco Music is dedicated to helping the community explore, develop and share their passion for music in all its forms.
Tosco Music has become an integral part of the Charlotte arts landscape as a primarily volunteer-based organization, and is currently strengthening its administrative infrastructure by hiring new positions to support our long term vision and strategic growth plan.
Position Overview: The Administrative & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for office administration and support of marketing, communications and development initiatives.
This new part-time position is primarily office-based at 20 hours per week with flexibility required for occasional out-of-office, evening and weekend hours for support of music parties and donor events as needed.
The successful candidate will be highly organized and self-motivated to manage multiple projects and competing priorities. A strong working knowledge of social media platforms is crucial.
- Marketing & Communications
- Event Promotion – Identify and assist with opportunities for new promotion and advertising of events; distribute collateral material to online calendars to support event promotion/ticket sales; coordinate with volunteers to distribute flyers and posters throughout the community
- Website – create content for consistent news posts; make routine updates to events, membership and news information; coordinate with contractor for other updates as needed
- Collateral promotional materials – coordinate with contractors to obtain timely updated collateral material for new events and deadlines
- Social media – make routine posts to various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to promote events, outreach and past performers including posting announcements/photos/video promotion of events and outreach; upload highlights and past performer videos to YouTube; coordinate with contractors and volunteers for video and photo content
- Emails/Constant Contact – create and send routine email campaigns for standard event promotion
- Member and Donor Acknowledgements – facilitate timely thank you and renewal letters for all financial and in-kind donations
- Administration & Operations Support
- Email – manage incoming and outgoing correspondence at the direction of the Executive Director, sending invoices and processing payments, etc.
- Calendar – manage
- Process improvement – establish, evaluate and streamline organizational tasks
- Data Entry – consistent entry and maintenance of current and accurate records for various needs (contact database, community outreach events, event guest list, after show reports, etc.)
- Office administration – maintain office supply inventory, etc.
- Meeting Support – printing and food purchases for Board meetings and event rehearsals
- Event Support
- Volunteer recruitment, management, recognition
- Ordering of Green Room food
- Guest List and coordination of comp tickets
- Current Membership List and VIP tickets
- Program Draft
- Performer Schedule
- Venue Signs – Performers, Raffles, Silent Auction etc.
- Sound Sheet
- Contractor management –
- Manage contractors working the day of event and the week before and the week after each Tosco Music Party
- Coordinate supply purchases and rentals for event
- Oversee financial withdrawals, deposit and related financial receipts and reporting for all event-related transactions, merchandise inventory and data collection for after-show reports (raffle winners, performer and volunteer surveys)
- Support Development Manager
- Membership – assist with processing of membership and other donations, tracking membership benefits and sending receipts; coordinate with development contractor or employee as needed
- Major Donors – assist with donor communication and event planning and logistics in coordination with development contractor or employee
- Sponsors – assist with sponsor communication and sponsor benefit fulfillment
- Grants – provide administrative support for grants and related outcomes and financial reporting
- Highly detail-oriented and proactive organizational ability; self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities with professional discretion to assigned tasks
- Ability to think critically, make informed recommendations for process improvements
- Experience with Donor Perfect and Constant Contact or equivalent CRM and email distribution applications is required
- Proficiency with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Spotify
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to maintain consistent communication with contractors
- Superior customer service relationship skills for audience, volunteer and donor relationships
- Team player who will be a collegial partner to all stakeholders including the Executive Director, Board, contractors and external stakeholders
- Computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets, database and cloud storage applications
- A love for live music and desire to enhance Charlotte’s community through music.
- Driver’s license and means of transportation
- Physical ability to lift 25lbs without assistance
To Apply: Email resume and a cover letter to Jane Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the email subject line the position title: “Administrative & Marketing Coordinator.”
Closing date for applications: January 24, 2018. No phone calls please.