Cato Excellence in Teaching Awards
ASC is seeking nominations of exceptionally creative teachers who have distinguished themselves in teaching the Arts, Sciences or History or who have demonstrated creative infusion of the Arts, Sciences or History into the core curriculum for the 2019 Cato Excellence in Teaching Awards.
ASC is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Cato Excellence in Teaching Awards.
Six $1,500 awards will be presented annually through the support of ASC’s Cato Excellence in Teaching Endowment. Both Finalists and Recipients will be recognized in Spring 2019.
Teachers, principals, school administrators, parents or students may nominate teachers for consideration.
Based on a review of nominations received by the deadline, six (6) finalists in each discipline will be selected to complete a full application and final review by the selection panel.
- Finalists and their nominator(s) will be notified and the following information will be required to be submitted:
- Biographical Information
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (2 pages)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (1 school administrator, 1 teaching colleague and 1 other)
- Eligible teachers must be a Pre-K through 12th grade teacher working for a public or independent school in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln or Union counties in North Carolina or Lancaster or York counties in SC.
- Nominees should exhibit a career marked by innovation and excellence in teaching focused on the arts, sciences or history or creative infusion of the arts, sciences or history into the core curriculum; school and community leadership; and dedication to the field of education.
Bridget Burrows, Porter Ridge Middle School, Union County (Arts)
Justin Pierce, William Amos Hough High School, Mecklenburg County (Arts)
Kathy Bosiak, Lincolnton High, Lincoln County (Science)
Nancy Bullard, Huntingtowne Farms Elementary, Mecklenburg County (Science)
Bruce Schulman, Community House Middle School, Mecklenburg County (History)
Adam Traynor, Pleasant Knoll Middle School, York County (History)
Debbie Faulkner, Larne Elementary School, York County (Arts)
Eboné Lockett, Cato Middle College High School, Mecklenburg County (Arts)
Luke Abercrombie, Marvin Ridge High School, Union County (Science)
Ted Miracle, Endhaven Elementary School, Mecklenburg County (Science)
Sarah Wheeler, Randolph Middle School, Mecklenburg County (History)
Stacy Pruitt, Lincolnton Middle School, Lincoln County (History)
Pamela Freedy, Sharon Elementary School & Charlotte Preparatory School (Arts)
Darlene Petranick, Lebanon Road Elementary (Science)
Bianca Yavelak, Ashbrook High School (Science)
Ann Jacob, New Town Elementary School (History)
Megan Luzader, Ransom Middle School (History)
Kenneth Koch, Northeast Middle School (Arts)
Glen Baron, Kensington Elementary (Science)
Wayne Phaneuf, Cuthbertson High School (History)
For more information about the ASC Cato Excellence in Teaching Award, contact Erin Elliott at email@example.com or call 704-335-3058.