|Time Commitment:||30 hrs./ wk. position|
|Compensation:||This position is for an independent contractor who will maintain files/ records at their home, works on-line, and travels to meetings and events as required.|
|Work Location:||In-person and remote work is expected. We are looking for a North Carolina resident that can travel across the state as necessary.|
|Closing Date||Priority will be given to all applications received prior to February 10, 2022|
Who We Are
North Carolina Presenters Consortium (NCPC) is a not-for-profit membership association comprising professional performing arts presenting organizations, agents, managers, performing artists, service organizations, and vendors from NC and beyond who share the mission of bringing artists and audiences together.
NCPC is a member-based resource network, forged in a spirit of non-competitive cooperation and dedicated to enhancing the availability, quality, variety, and affordability of professional touring arts and entertainment attractions presented throughout the state. NCPC members include representatives of numerous organizations large and small, urban and rural. NCPC is supported by member dues, program fees, and through grants. For more information, go to www.ncpresenters.org
Our Philosophy and Culture
Since its founding in 1991, NCPC has grown into a national model for presenting networks and functions as a noncompetitive alliance of colleagues who trust, support and uplift each other, knowing that building one’s own audience for the performing arts builds our state’s audience for the arts.
NCPC engages its membership in an open sharing of vision, advice, resources, opportunities, successes, difficulties, creativity and progress. It is NCPC’s shared belief that the arts have both the power and the responsibility to educate, entertain, enlighten, engage, provoke, challenge, motivate, liberate, enlarge and inspire the human spirit. The sharing of the arts experience creates an opportunity for dialogue and question, resolution and response.
Our Ideal NCPC Executive Director:
Our Executive Director will lead the organization as key administrator for the statewide network of nonprofit performing arts presenters, agents/managers, artists, vendors, and service organizations, currently comprised of 220+ individuals and organizations. Serve as the voice for a geographical and economically diverse membership of performing arts professionals and organizations who share common values, goals and beliefs.
Our Executive Director has an affinity for performing arts and artists and enjoys cultivating strong relationships across lines of diversity and finds innovative ways to involve new and seasoned community artists and leaders.
We are actively looking for a diverse applicant pool. LGBTQIA+ individuals, Black, Indigenous, people of color, people with different abilities, veterans and candidates who speak English as a second language are welcome to apply. Our ideal Executive Director will enjoy the flexibility of virtual and in-person work.
The tasks below describe the general nature and level of work performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- Enhance organizational visibility by representing the state presenters’ organization and collective membership at state, regional, and national gatherings as possible promoting values & benefits of NCPC membership to the wider marketplace. Advocate for the presenting industry and for the arts and represent the membership constituency.
- Serve the board as the primary liaison and organizational facilitator managing an elected all-volunteer board of directors, ensuring ongoing operation, guidance, and meeting and event planning.
- Manage all NCPC expenditures and deposits. Pay all bills on time and deposit checks and compile monthly receipts, invoices, and statements. Develop annual budgets in cooperation with the Treasurer and President.
- Maintain website content, keeping it current, clear, and relevant. Monitor and maintain listserv and create and send monthly e-newsletters to members.
- Lead in the planning and management of periodic in-state membership meetings (currently fall booking meeting, winter booking meeting, summer annual meeting, and Bull Chat on years alternating with ArtsMarket)
- Develop and steward sponsorship packages and benefits. Prepare and submit grant applications and final reports and explore other funding opportunities.
- Lead the planning and management of the ArtsMarket conference held biennially in Durham, NC including logistics, registration, hospitality, showcases and exhibition hall.
- Serve as a central resource for member requests for information and services and connect member “needs” to “resources” and facilitate collaboration and communication.
- General administration including maintenance of NCPC office records, equipment, files and bank accounts.
Our ideal applicant possesses the following skills:
A Team Player- has the temperament and skills to work collaboratively with others, in a fast-paced environment.
Creative – a problem-solver with experience in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of programs.
Analytical – capable of pulling varied pieces together in just the right way to learn from both data and observation
Engaging – adept at relationship building virtually/ in-person, a curious listener.
Organized – capable of managing a variety of projects & timelines, with self-directed systems and smooth execution of the details.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of management/planning experience, preference for nonprofit/association management experience
- Experience in the arts, preferably in the performing arts
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) database management systems, and QuickBooks. Website management experience helpful.
Please send a resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com, -No phone calls please. Priority will be given to all applications received prior to February 10, 2022.