Levine Museum of the New South’s (LMNS) mission is to connect the past to the future to realize the promises of a New South.
Levine Museum uses history to build a just and equitable community through experiences, programs, and services that help people understand the world today through the lens of history and inspire them to imagine a stronger, more equitable future. As Charlotte’s premiere memory-keeper and storyteller, Levine Museum serves adults, families, students and educators, corporations, and civic organizations through experiences that animate history through dialogue and programs grounded in history, that aim to make a difference.
Levine Museum of the New South seeks a Social Media Marketing Manager to strengthen our Marketing efforts as we transition from a “place based” institution to a 21st century history museum that delivers compelling and broadly accessible content across multiple digital and analog platforms. As a key member of the department, the Social Media Marketing Manager works closely with key colleagues across the organization to increase audience engagement, loyalty, and retention. S/he will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Work with LMNS staff to create engaging text, image, and video content for social media campaigns, email, and our website to raise public awareness, drive participation, and increase engagement;
- Use social media to create and maintain the company’s brand;
- Interact with audiences and other stakeholders via our social media accounts including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- Analyze our digital marketing plan and social media strategy to identify weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements;
- Research social media trends and inform management of changes that are relevant to organizational marketing activities;
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns and analyze the data accordingly;
- Maintain and regularly update museum website;
- Monitor marketing trends within the non-profit arts sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience developing and managing an organization’s social media presence, preferably in a non-profit context;
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience contributing content, maintaining, and building out websites, preferably including redesign experience and oversight over information architecture;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and Google Analytics;
- Knowledge of best practices for Social Media, Digital & Email Marketing;
- Ability to work in a hybrid or remote office environment as needed;
- Strong Organizational and Project Management skills;
- Self-starter/Flexible Team Player who is able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Regularly attend LMNS events with shared responsibilities across the entire Staff;
- A passion for history, education, and community building is essential.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
Jejuana Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org