Levine Museum of the New South’s (LMNS) mission is to connect the past to the future to realize the promises of a New South.
Levine Museum uses history to build a just and equitable community through experiences, programs, and services that help people understand the world today through the lens of history and inspire them to imagine a stronger, more equitable future. As Charlotte’s premiere memory-keeper and storyteller, Levine Museum serves adults, families, students and educators, corporations, and civic organizations through experiences that animate history through dialogue and programs grounded in history, that aim to make a difference.
Levine Museum of the New South seeks a Marketing Coordinator to strengthen our Marketing efforts as we transition from a “place based” institution to an establishment which is focused on enhancing our reputation on leveraging digital technologies. During this time of transformation and growth, the Marketing Coordinator will oversee the daily internal operations of the Marketing department. As a key member of the department, the Marketing Coordinator works closely with colleagues in Development and Programs to cultivate relationships to increase audience engagement, loyalty and retention. S/he will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Manage and execute marketing initiatives and rebranding strategies;
- Works with Director of Marketing on implementing advertising and promotional strategy;
- Amplify Levine Museum story and mission;
- Assists with creating, placing and scheduling of print and digital advertising;
- Create engaging text, image, and video content for social media, email and website;
- Maintain and regularly update museum website;
- Execute tactics to drive website traffic;
- Monitor marketing trends within the non-profit arts sector;
- Assist with and update Public Relations efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 2 – 3 years of Marketing experience;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of best practices for Social Media, Digital & Email Marketing;
- Ability to work in a hybrid or remote office environment as needed;
- High level of creativity;
- Strong Organizational and Project Management skills;
- Self-starter/Flexible Team Player who is able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Regularly attend LMNS events with shared responsibilities across the entire Staff;
- A passion for history, education, and community building is essential.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
Jejuana Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.