Position: Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Marketing Associate supports all aspects of the marketing effort at Levine Museum of the New South. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Directors of Marketing and Development, staff throughout the Museum and Board members to plan marketing strategies for exhibits, programs, special events, and the rentals and retail programs.
- Manages an editorial/content calendar for all programs for the following platforms: social media, e-newsletters, and web site.
- Maintains and regularly updates Museum website
- Maintains community calendar listings for programs and exhibits.
- Assists with creating, placement and scheduling of print and digital advertising.
- Tracks success of various marketing campaigns and generates reports for staff and Board.
- Assists in the planning and execution of marketing events.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing or development.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Levine Museum of the New South.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and detail orientation.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience in web site maintenance.
- Experience in graphic design highly desirable.
- Must be both a self-starter and a flexible team player, able to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and respond to changing circumstances.
Please submit a resume with letter of interest to Courtney Whiteside, Director of Marketing, at: CWhiteside@museumofthenewsouth.org or 202 E. Seventh Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Position is open until filled.