Position: Part-time Guest Services Associate
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
In general, a Guest Services Associate is responsible for positively representing the Museum while welcoming the public to the Museum and assisting visitors during their time at the Museum by providing excellent customer service which results in a high-quality experience. This part-time position is for 15 – 25 hours/week including weekend and/or evening hours.
Guest Services Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable about Guest Services procedures and policies, including admissions, cash handling, security, and opening and closing the Museum
- Greet and welcome all visitors
- Be present at and staff the guest services desk as assigned
- Direct visitors, distribute information and provide answers to general questions about the organization. Help orient and direct visitors to exhibit entrances, restrooms, elevators, etc. Inform each visitor about available materials, such as materials for tours, membership and programming brochure, etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of and competency in operating point of sale system, computer and telephones
- Keep informed about Museum events, activities, programs and exhibitions
- Promote and sell membership; be informed about all aspects of membership including benefits, discounts, and special offers; encourage visitors to join and current members to renew
- Sell merchandise; be knowledgeable of items in store and proactively offer visitors assistance
- Promote programs and exhibits; be informed about all current and upcoming exhibitions and programs
- Keep apprised of Museum Master Calendar; be aware of scheduled groups, rentals, and meetings in the building, as well as city wide conferences and events that may impact Museum visitation
- Keep lobby area, Visitor Info Center and nearby storage room(s) clean and organized
- Maintain supplies for desk (including back-up): brochures, membership cards, register tape, credit card slips, parking passes, stat sheets, pens and pencils, etc.
- Administer customer satisfaction surveys and process subscriptions
- Collect specified data for reporting; gather other information as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer experience
- General office skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and high comfort level with database management and mail merge programs
- Interest in organizational mission
2+ years customer service experience
Please submit a resume with letter of interest to Bertha Tillman, Guest Services & Store Manager, at: Btillman@museumofthenewsouth.org or 202 E. Seventh Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Position is open until filled.