Position: Development Officer
Reports to: Director of Development
The Development Officer plays a key role in coordinating fund raising and event planning efforts for the Museum’s individual giving and membership programs. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Board members and senior staff to identify, cultivate and steward individual donors at the $1,000 level and higher. Researches prospective donors and prepares reports. Schedules and attends donor meetings. Ensures appropriate follow-up.
- Administers the Museum’s membership program. Oversees recruitment and retention programs; tracks success against Museum goals. Drafts membership communications.
- Works with senior staff to plan, develop, and manage donor and member appreciation events.
- Works with Board and community volunteers and senior staff to develop and execute the Museum’s annual fund raiser.
- Works with the Database Management and Communications Specialist to ensure accurate recordkeeping and tracks progress against annual goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2 years experience in development, special events, marketing and/or communications.
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission of Levine Museum of the New South.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Demonstrated ability to work confidently and professionally with donors, staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Capacity and willingness to manage several projects simultaneously.
Please submit a resume with letter of interest to Marcus Kimbrough, Director of Development, at: Mkimbrough@museumofthenewsouth.org or 202 E. Seventh Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
Position is open until filled.