Job Description: New Media Intern
Starting Date: Immediately
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: A small stipend is available and/or course credit
The New Media Intern is responsible for providing support for the development and marketing department through a variety of digital outlets including the Museum’s social media channels, blog and website. The New Media intern will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager and will assist with the development, content curation and monitoring of Levine Museum’s social media platforms and blog.
The New Media Intern’s primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating content for the Museum’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) and an editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Amplify Museum’s events, programs, exhibits, and content across platforms
- Develop and curate content that is engaging, educational and aligns with the Museum’s mission and goals (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
- Assist with coordinating a guest blogger program
- Update social platform headers when applicable
- Keep up–to-date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Openness to learn, willingness to try anything, strong communication/writing skills and out of the box thinking to promote Levine Museum’s exhibits, programs and events in a unique and creative way
- Writing and proofing skills are required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Desire to come up with fresh ideas
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Interest in the mission of Levine Museum of the New South
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools
Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter and social media handles (if applicable) to Melody Gross, Marketing and Communications Manager at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About Levine Museum
Levine Museum’s mission is to engage a broad-based audience in the exploration and appreciation of the diverse history of the South since the Civil War, with a focus on Charlotte and the surrounding Carolina Piedmont. Through the Museum we collect, preserve, and interpret the materials, sights, sounds, and ideas that illumine and enliven this history. The Museum presents opportunities for life-long learning about this history for the benefit, enjoyment and education of children and adults, and provides historical context for contemporary issues and a community forum for thoughtful discussion.
Since our founding in 1991, core values have guided what we do and how we do it: Scholarship, Education, Collaboration, Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
We believe in and are committed to using history to build community.