Position: Membership Manager
Position Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Development
Position Summary and Purpose: The Membership Manager oversees the Harvey B. Gantt Center’s membership program and is responsible for ensuring that the membership program meets or exeeds annual fundraising goals.
Membership Sales, Stewardship, and Cultivation
- Ability to close membership sales based on goals within Membership Retention & Acquisition Plan
- Create and follow proactive membership strategies that drive the acquisition of new and retention of existing members in order to grow existing membership base
- In consultation with the Director of Development, sets, monitors and meets annual dollar and number goals for Membership.
- Ability to engage members both face to face and on the phone with high energy, using exemplary customer service skills, with a focus on building relationships, engagement with the institution, and increased giving
- Plan and oversee all initiatives, from conception of strategies through implementation, for the cultivation, acquisition, renewal, upgrade and stewardship of members.
- Create and maintain benefits program that is mission-based and of the highest quality; support the fulfillment of membership benefits.
- Research prospective members and prepare related reports; assist with identifying prospects for high levels of giving.
- Prepare routine correspondence for members; manage strategic gift acknowledgment processes.
- Manage the production of all membership call drives, volunteer coordination, and information recording of results in database
- Manage the coordination of Employee Resource Group communications and needs and devise strategies to convert engagement to membership sales
- Assist with managing key aspects of development events, including guest list selection, mailings, response tracking, production of printed materials , volunteer coordination, and event logistics
- Create surveys to track experience of development event attendees; incorporate findings into event debriefs
- Keep accurate records of development event data, impact, logistics, needs, and evaluations to enhance future planning
- Secures and coordinates in-kind contributions and coordinates thank you letters
Direct Response Management
- Ensure segmentation of member communications in collaboration with Marketing Department
- Create and implement a proactive marketing plan for membership that includes direct mail, recruiting on-site at the museum, off site and on the website; write and update giving brochures
- Manage production and distribution of development marketing collateral from planning to fulfillment
- Manage calendar and fiscal year-end giving appeals including direct mail, on-line and calling campaigns; track and report results.
Reporting and Data Analysis
- Use development database to update member/donor records and generate in-depth analysis and monthly/weekly reports on all member/donor giving
- Update donor and membership interactions and communications within database regularly
- Build strategic contact lists based on database parameters; ensure accuracy of membership records in collaboration with Database Manager.
- Must take initiative and display a sense of urgency towards meeting goals
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends to meet client and organization needs.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a diverse artist, client, donor and vendor base in a personable, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to think strategically and critically and to build effective and efficient new processes.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor when interacting with management, employees, vendors, donors, artists and clients.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrates positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate a computer and general office equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows/Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with databases (Altru Preferred)
- Ability to analyze reports
- Basic mathematical skills
- Complete other tasks, as needed.
- Assist with administrative support involving development meeting, projects, events.
Minimum Education and Training: Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of direct experience in a non-profit development setting.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: The Membership Manager position will have an assigned workstation, telephone, and computer. Position requires frequent sitting, standing, and walking. May require sitting and working on computer for extended periods of time. Requires ability to communicate with others in-person, by computer and on telephone. Manual dexterity needed for using computer keyboard and calculator. Must have adequate vision to operate computer and complete paperwork. Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds may be necessary. There will be regular reaching and occasional bending, stooping, squatting and kneeling. Frequent driving required.
To Apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Harvey B. Gantt Center reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.