ASC School Funding Opportunities
ASC School Funding Opportunities ensure that Culture For All reaches PreK-12 students across the region. Through these opportunities, public and independent schools can access professional artists, scientists, historians and other cultural providers for education specific programming. This programming may involve on-site cultural experiences or visits to local cultural organizations. It could even include professional development for teaching staff.
ASC School Funding Opportunities are meant to support the placement of professional artists, scientists, historians, and other cultural providers in Grades PreK-12 (public and independent schools) for curriculum-based residencies, workshops, day trips, assemblies/performances, out of school experiences and/or professional development for teachers. Programs may either use Cultural Educators working on-site in the school setting and/or day trips to cultural institutions for performances or exhibitions. Programs may occur during the regular school day or after school.
Money has been set aside for public, charter, private, parochial, and independent schools in Mecklenburg County.
- All accredited schools in Mecklenburg County are eligible to request a set amount of funding, on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding will be awarded to schools who meet the requirements and submit paperwork by the deadlines. In the event that additional funding becomes available, additional support will be offered to schools in need on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Participate
This is the sixth year the ASC School Funding Opportunities have been available. Each school must designate one “Arts & Science Cultural Arts Representative” (ASCAR) to be the liaison between ASC and the Providers your school hires. The ASCAR or another representative from your school must attend a Grants training session AND the Expo in order utilize the ASC School Grant funds.
ASC Cultural Education Expo
The ASC Cultural Education Expo will be held on Saturday, August 26, 2017 at the Harris Conference Center (3216 CPCC Harris Campus Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208).
Come meet 60+ Providers from the Education Provider Directory, see snippets of performances, participate in mini-workshops and win door prizes for yourself and your school. There will be a Kids Zone for kids of all ages!
There have been some changes to the process for the 2017-2018 school year so ALL reps will be required to attend training.
Spending Plans are due to ASC on September 26, 2017. Additional details are forthcoming.
Max Grant Amount
TBA. Please see eligibility above.
There are no matching requirements. If a school chooses to spend more than their allotted amount, ASC will invoice the school for the overage.
How to Apply
Please read the ASC School Funding Opportunities Manual. ONLY Providers listed in the ASC Education Provider Directory can be hired through ASC School Funding Opportunities. To access the Education Provider Directory, click here. The Spending Plan is due on Sept. 26, 2017. This document can only be submitted online via the link below. The 2017-2018 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in October must be received by Erin Elliott by September 29, 2017. For Programs occurring November – May, Provider Contracts must be received by Erin Elliott by October 27, 2017. Only schools who meet these deadlines will be eligible for funding in the 2017-2018 school year. All of these documents will be made available below in the Important Documents section.
August 26, 2017
- ASC Cultural Education Expo
- Each school must send one representative to the Expo to be eligible for funding in 2017-2018.
September 26, 2017
- Spending Plan deadline. All applications must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
September 29, 2017
- 2017-2018 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in October must be received by Erin Elliott by September 29, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
October 27, 2017
- 2017-2018 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in November – May must be received by Erin Elliott by October 27, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
May 1, 2018
- Overages owed by schools are due to ASC by May 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Important 2017-2018 Documents
For more information about grants for schools, contact Erin Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-335-3058.