Operating Support Grants
Making unrestricted investments in cultural organizations is about forging alliances. Ensuring access to an excellent, relevant, and sustainable cultural community is something we can all do together.
The Operating Support program provides unrestricted investments in the general operations, administration and programs of eligible arts, science and history/heritage organizations. Operating Support partners demonstrably advance ASC’s mission of ensuring access to an excellent, relevant and sustainable cultural community for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region. These investments are intended to supplement other revenue, both earned and contributed, generated by the organization.
The Operating Support program is funded through ASC’s Annual Fund Drive, ASC’s endowment and the City of Charlotte.
July 1, 2020–June 30, 2021.
Applications for 2020-21 Operating Support are due on Monday, March 16, 2020 at noon.
FY21 Operating Support Eligibility Check
If the organization did not receive an Operating Support Grant in FY20, you will be required to submit an Eligibility Check prior to receiving the application. This process requires providing contact information for the organization, Form 990s from the three most recently completed fiscal years, and a checklist which runs through the eligibility guidelines posted on ASC’s website. Eligibility requirements must be submitted by Monday, February 2, 2020 at noon in order to access the full application for FY21. The window for determining eligibility for new operating support applicants is now closed.
Applicants for ASC operating support must have previously received ASC Cultural Vision Grant(s), Culture Blocks funding, or Technical Assistance/Professional Development Grant(s) at least twice in the past three fiscal years and be in compliance with all requirements.
To request the Eligibility Checklist, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or download (depending on your organization’s budget):
- Organization Contact Information
- Organization Name
- Legal Name (if different from branded name. eg. Arts & Science Council vs. ARTS & SCIENCE COUNCIL CHARLOTTE/MECKLENBURG, INC.
- Primary Address (Street, City, State, Postal Code)
- Applicant City Council Number
- Applicant County Commission District Number
- Leadership Contact Information
- If your organization has part time or full–time staff, this should be the staff leadership.
- If the organization is all volunteer, this should be the board chair or volunteer executive director.
- Organization Primary Contact: if the person identified in as the leadership of the organization will be the primary administrator of the grant, please repeat their information here. If a different member of the team will be the primary administrator, identify them in this section.
- Form 990s: upload 990s for the three most recently completed fiscal years.
- Upload completed eligibility checklist.
Note: Total attachments should not be more than 5mb. Please keep this in mind if you are scanning documentation before uploading it into the form.
Grant Recipient Resources
- Log-in to the Online System
- ASC Marketing & Communication Guidelines
- Policies Referenced in Grant Contract
To stay updated on ASC funding opportunities and workshops, sign up for our monthly WorkshOpportunities email.
Operating Support I
Operating Support partners demonstrably advance ASC’s mission of ensuring access to an excellent, relevant and sustainable cultural community for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region. The Operating Support I grant is for organizations with budgets less than $300,000 annually.
Operating Support II
Operating Support partners demonstrably advance ASC’s mission of ensuring access to an excellent, relevant and sustainable cultural community for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region. The Operating Support II grant is for organizations with budgets $300,000 - $1M annually.
Operating Support III
Operating Support partners demonstrably advance ASC’s mission of ensuring access to an excellent, relevant and sustainable cultural community for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region. The Operating Support III grant is for organizations with budgets greater than $1M annually.