Why This Matters: Encouraging or sparking a loved one’s interest in arts and culture can enrich their life. It’s also a way to support the cultural community.
By Giovanna Torres
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The holidays are here. If you want to find the perfect gift for your friends and family, we’ve put together a list of cultural gifts that you can find in the Queen City from cultural partners supported by ASC:
- Introduce a friend to art collecting by gifting a “share” from ASC’s Community Supported Art. They will receive nine pieces of original art by nine regional artists. Shares go on sale Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 10 a.m.
- Take that special someone to see live theater or better yet, buy them a gift certificate to experience On Q Performing Arts, Actor’s Theater of Charlotte, Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, Theatre Charlotte or Davidson Community Players to use over the course of the year.
- Add a touch of Pop Art to time. Get an Andy Warhol-inspired watch from the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art at Levine Center for the Arts.
- Take the family to see two Holiday classics. Experience Charlotte Ballet’s “Nutcracker” and Carolina Voices 62nd Annual Singing Christmas Tree.
- Fuel your history buff’s passion with books, chocolates and southern-inspired gourmet popcorn from Levine Museum of the New South.
- From exhibition-specific merchandise to fun and playful items for children, the gift shops at The Mint Museum and Harvey B. Gantt Center at Levine Center for the Arts and Discovery Place have something in store for you.
- Looking for a Dulcimer or Ukulele? Find the perfect one at The Charlotte Folk Society.
- Adopt a bird at the Carolina Raptor Center and help a raptor thrive through food and medical care.
- Encourage continuous learning. Gift private music lessons from Community School of the Arts, hand building and wheel throwing classes from Clayworks or digital photography courses at The Light Factory.
If you can’t decide on 1 (or several options) from the above, you can always gift your loved ones a ASC Connect with Culture Card, which gives them non-stop access to special discounts and offers at area arts and cultural organizations. Simply make a donation to ASC in their honor.