Gaston County is currently recruiting for the position listed below. All candidates must be able to perform the essential job duties as identified and meet minimum qualification requirements for the position as advertised.
TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Position #AH0001)
LOCATION: Gaston County Museum (131 W. Main Street, Dallas, NC 28034)
PAY SCALE: $16.8009 – $26.0415 Hourly, (Non-Exempt-Eligible for Overtime)
APPOINTMENT: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not inclusive of all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are considered as essential to the nature of the job).
- Provide high levels of customer service by answering the telephone, providing accurate information to callers, taking messages, and or forwarding caller to the appropriate staff person.
- Provide staff and the public with various information and/or materials and may conduct research to locate requested information or materials as needed.
- Enter and retrieve data from computer databases, type and assemble correspondence or reports, and prepare, accept, and/or process various documents.
- Receive, review, and enter paperwork.
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments, meetings, etc.
- Make and update various organization charts and reports for Division.
- Maintain various records and accounts.
- Maintain office supply inventories and may order or request that supplies be ordered when needed.
- Check revenue for accuracy, balance accounts, and deposit when necessary.
- Interact with the public in a courteous manner.
- Attend and coordinate meetings and record and transcribe minutes.
- Serves as administrative coordinator for budget process.
- Creates and /or maintains documents and databases.
- Implement and maintain marketing initiatives for the Museum. Assists in programming and special events at the Museum as assigned by the Director.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited High School or GED equivalency and a minimum of 6 years of related clerical experience. Must have knowledge of computer and other technical terminology used within the department. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be required to take a typing test. This position may include weekends and nights on occasion. A valid driver’s license is required. The candidate selected must undergo a criminal background check and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL OR ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Requires exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force to move objects. Must be able to walk, grasp, hear, kneel, lift, and have mental acuity, repetitive motion, stooping, talking and visual acuity.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 22, 2018 / CLOSING DATE: February 2, 2018
To apply: Qualified applicants must complete an official Gaston County employment application. Gaston County prohibits the supervision of relatives either by blood or marriage in the same department and hires only United States citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States. Applicants who are employed must provide proof of US citizenship or authorized alien worker status on first date of hire.
GASTON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER