Position: Gallery Manager
Overview: The Gallery Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the gallery, maintaining the inventory of artwork, overseeing the installation of exhibitions and marketing the gallery for private events.
In collaboration with the gallery owner, the Gallery Manager will help to plan the exhibition schedule, work to cultivate relationships with new collectors within the community, nurture relationships with current artists and collectors, and advise and engage with the gallery’s Millennial Art Program. An intentional goal of the gallery owner and the Gallery Manager will be to engage the community with exhibitions, events, and gallery talks.
- Management of gallery
- Manage employees’ schedules and assign duties/tasks
- Oversee marketing of exhibitions and artists via print, web and social media
- Manage budget and day-to-day expenses
- Manage inventory of artwork
- Manage shipping and receiving of artworks
- Respond to email inquiries on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee routine maintenance to keep the gallery presentable
- Coordinate and oversee details of exhibition installation
- Engage with Millennial Art Program and assist with event planning/general mentoring
- Venue management
- Engage with planning/event industry organizations and attendance at industry events for purpose of marketing gallery as a venue for private events
- Manage calendar of private events
- Respond to email/phone inquiries re: rental of gallery
- Work with preferred service providers to insure gallery policies are followed
- Manage employee schedule to insure gallery presence at private events
To Apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com.