Title: Development Operations Associate
Report To: Director, Community Giving
Date Prepared: August 12, 2021
FSLA Status: Non-exempt
The Development Operations Associate’s primary responsibility is to manage and maintain an accurate donor database resulting in quality reporting and analytics regarding our donors and members. They will lead the donor stewardship process ensuring timely and personalized communications are received by the donor. Working collaboratively with other inter- and intra-departmental users of the database, they will develop and monitor the consistent implementation of system-wide policies and procedures for Discovery Place, ensuring data accuracy and reporting efficiency for all users. The Development Operations Associate will serve as the primary database trainer for Development staff members and is responsible for ensuring standards are maintained by all departmental users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes the donation process in the database – from entry to acknowledgement, including notifying gift officers of contributions, producing monthly pledge reminders, and managing monthly payment schedules.
- Crafts, regularly updates, and customizes acknowledgement letters for donors in collaboration with fundraisers.
- Designs, tests, analyzes, and maintains database reports.
- Provides regular updates and maintenance to web-based database functions (both public-facing and back-end functionality).
- Examines and cleanses current data records routinely to ensure data accuracy, including eliminating duplicate records and reconciling inconsistent data entry.
- Establishes and regularly pulls standard reports and smart queries for department.
- Coordinates the use of database functions to ensure integration with other existing and planned systems in alignment with best practices for the organization at-large, and in collaboration with the organization’s Database Manager.
- Coordinates with Development, Membership, Database Manager, and Accounting to ensure that Museum database standards are maintained across all sites.
- Provides mailing lists, standard reports, and financial reports as needed.
- Serves as the primary liaison between development and accounts payable, submits purchase orders for the department, reconciles department credit cards, provides tracking and reporting of expense budget.
- Serves as the primary liaison between Development, Membership, and IT, managing all technology requests for the department.
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders departmental supplies as needed.
- Utilizes control/code table maintenance in the database, including managing appeals, funds, campaigns, and other system coding.
- Serves as departmental liaison to Blackbaud.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of database experience in a non-profit organization.
- Ability to analyze data and utilize information to inform decision-making.
- Responds promptly to all/any needs or inquiries; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the highest attention to detail possible, accuracy, and thoroughness in approach to a task.
- Committed to the accuracy and integrity of the database.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work both as a team member and autonomously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, results-oriented environment.
- Serves as an effective team member and upholds the core values of Discovery Place.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as required for departmental/institutional events
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Assists in achieving department goals and objectives.
- Provide excellent customer service to donor inquiries
- Proficiency in Altru or similar database.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency.
- Must be able to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to drive or have transportation to our Charlotte Museum locations.
- Walking, standing, and sitting during the day at various locations.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be constructed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
To apply visit www.discoveryplace.org/careers