Why This Matters: ASC’s 4th annual Culture Feast, which takes place Friday, Sept. 7, 2018 on South Tryon Street at Levine Center for the Arts, brings community members from all backgrounds together to enjoy a community meal and arts and culture experiences.
By Bernie Petit
It’s hard not to love a good family cookout, but it’s even easier to love ASC’s Culture Feast.
This year’s 4th annual event, which returns to South Tryon Street at Levine Center for the Arts on Friday, Sept. 7, 2018, will bring the community together in a one-of-a-kind outdoor setting to share an unforgettable night of Culture For All.
Here are five reasons why, as much fun as family cookouts can be, they don’t compare to Culture Feast.
- There’s no sweating the holidays. Unlike the hot-weather family cookouts on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day, Culture Feast gets started as the sun starts to go down.
- You can relate to the person sitting next to you without being related. You can’t pick your family, but you can choose to attend an event where you can bond with new friends and old over a Southern-style dinner at a community table.
- The menu includes something for everybody. Whether you’re a meat eater, vegan or vegetarian, the dinner menu has you covered. Plus there are local beer (thanks, Triple C!) and wine options for those who partake and plenty of nonalcoholic options for those who don’t.
- The entertainment is better than your uncle’s stories. You get to connect with old friends and new while sharing a meal and experiencing the best of Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s arts and culture scene.
- You won’t get interrogated. Whether you’re dating someone new, pondering a career move or thinking about expanding your family, you can show up to Culture Feast, relax and be yourself. The night is about having good food and enjoying great cultural experiences in a communal setting with 699 other people, not hearing about what you should be doing with your life.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get your ticket to Culture Feast before they sell out! The event is for ages 21 and up.