Charlotte-Mecklenburg residents and visitors can attend museums and enjoy a range of art, science, history and heritage experiences for free on Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017, with the return of ASC’s Connect with Culture Day. The free cultural experiences will take place at various times and locations throughout Mecklenburg County.
Connect with Culture Day will feature:
- Museums at Levine Center for the Arts – Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture and Mint Museum Uptown – open free of charge.
- Free admission to Charlotte Museum of History, Levine Museum of the New South and McColl Center for Art + Innovation.
- “Cultural stations” placed at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library branches and other community facilities to make cultural programming available at the neighborhood level.
- More than 20 free cultural experiences, including:
- A musical storytelling of “The Tortoise & The Hare” at Community House Middle School in Ballantyne by Opera Carolina’s Opera Xpress;
- Crazy Catapults at Free Range Brewing in NoDa by Discovery Place; A Musical Petting Zoo at the Matthews Community Center by the Symphony Guild of Charlotte; and
- Environmental education opportunities at Carolina Raptor Center in Huntersville and Wing Haven in Myers Park.