POSITION: Student Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
STATUS: Full time, salaried, non-exempt. 40 hours per week. Benefits eligible. Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Community School of the Arts’ mission is transforming lives and inspiring community through outstanding and accessible arts education. CSA serves more than 4,000 students annually through music and visual arts programs, including private lessons, group classes, summer camps, workshops, and the Charlotte Children’s Choir. Thanks to outreach programs and financial aid, more than half of students receive their programming for free or at a reduced rate.
Summary: Coordinate program registration activities for CSA’s classes, camps, and lessons, providing outstanding customer service to all constituents and maximizing both enrollment and revenue for the School.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process student placement and registration, including intake conversations, faculty scheduling, updates to schedules, refunds, credits, and registration confirmation
- Accept, process and monitor payments and cancellations; send invoices and reminders as
- Manage past due report/outstanding balances on a monthly
- Maintain and manipulate enrollment database, including maintaining student information, class rosters, inquiry and waiting lists, class schedules by semester and mailing
- Provide and collect faculty contracts and other materials to maintain their payroll records and list of their most up to date contact information.
- Process contract faculty payroll, checking attendance, instructor hours and inputting pay amount into requisitions.
- Maintain detailed list of programs, tracking attendance for use in grant
- Coordinate the financial aid process by gathering applications and supporting documents, maintaining financial aid spreadsheets, and making award recommendations to the VP of Artistic Engagement and
- Prepare weekly enrollment reports and other reports as needed, including those on faculty retention, enrollment trends, financial aid, inquiries and student
- Make space reservations at satellite locations for private music lessons and group
- Send surveys and analyze results after each semester, workshop and summer
- Re-evaluate registration procedures and create process
- Strategize with CSA team on how to best maximize and increase
- Assist with filing, phone calls, correspondence and
- Other duties as
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; database management experience preferred
- Fanatical attention to detail and ability to juggle many projects and details at once
- Exceptional customer service skills and a commitment to total parent/student satisfaction
- Experience operating in an arts environment; basic working knowledge of arts education programs
- Friendly, articulate, welcoming demeanor that encourages interest in the School
- Sound judgment and a strategic approach to work
- A cooperative, collegial professional with a sense of humor
Please email cover letter and resume with the subject header, Student Services Coordinator to: email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.