Position: Development Coordinator, Development Team. This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position with a benefit package.
About Children’s Theatre of Charlotte:
- We are a professional theatre for young audiences with a production budget of $1.5 million and organizational budget of over $5 million.
- We engage professional adult actors and, in one to two shows per season, also include youth actors in the cast.
- We serve nearly 300,000 young people and families in the Charlotte region and are dedicated to creating vibrant and engaging theatre experiences, both on the stage and in the classroom.
- Our performance spaces include the McColl Family Theatre (550 seats) and the Wells Fargo Playhouse (270 seats) at the ImaginOn facility, which also houses a full library for children and youth.
- Each season, we mount 11 full-scale productions for public and school audiences, present 2-3 guest artists, mount a Touring Company production and provide theatre education programming.
Position Summary: Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is seeking a self-directed, enthusiastic, organized administrative professional to work closely with our Development Team to support the Department’s efforts by managing and maintaining all donor and prospective donor database information and ensuring proper accounting of all revenue and expense items for the department. Our Coordinator will interact with our volunteers and donors, providing professional and friendly support.
- Help prepare, manage and implement our individual, corporate, foundation and ENCORE! development activities, campaigns, appeals and special events.
- Collaborate and partner with our Associate Director of Advancement to plan, coordinate and launch our special events. This may require occasional evenings and weekends.
- Support the operations of our annual development plan. Facilitate routine solicitation and stewardship correspondence, track open and response rates and partner with development team on appropriate follow-ups.
- Execute gift processing, including in-kind donations, and acknowledgements in a timely manner and based on the nature and amount of the gift.
- Leverage development technology including donor database and prospecting tools to track donor-specific information, progress to fundraising goals and prepare fundraising reports as needed.
- Prepare and execute Office of Advancement deposits, reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with volunteers, stakeholders, community partners, corporations, foundations and other constituents through active communication, timely responses to inquiries, positive energy and a spirit of collaboration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Determined, enthusiastic and energetic professional with strong organizational skills with a “Can Do” and “Can’t Wait” attitude.
- Out of the box thinker who thrives on offering creative ideas and solutions.
- Able to prioritize and work independently, manage multiple tasks, is flexible with work projects, and handles confidential matters with absolute discretion and professionalism.
- Proficiency using databases, making queries and running reports. Advanced proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suites products is essential for success. Experience with SharePoint Platform preferred.
- Strong consideration for candidates with AudienceView database experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must pay great attention to detail in composing, typing, proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Advanced analytical ability and critical thinking skills are required for database responsibilities and for troubleshooting.
- Flexible, reliable, mature team player. Able to communicate professionally with all levels.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented and
- Experience with SharePoint and Google Platform strongly preferred.
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte
Attn: Human Resources
300 E. Seventh Street
Charlotte, N.C. 28202