We create exceptional theatre experiences, inspiring generations to explore the wonder of their world.
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte (CTC) is proud to be an organization where a diverse mix of talented, committed, and enthusiastic people gather to do their best work. As we inspire generations to explore the wonder of our world, we desire to see the diversity and amazing, expanding tapestry of this world and community reflected in all our programming, behind the scenes, and in our team members, board, and volunteers.
We recognize theatre as a means of holding up a mirror to society, and that all people’s race, ethnicity, culture, background, and beliefs should be celebrated and reflected onstage, on staff, and in the audience. Employment opportunities are available to all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, veteran’s status, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. In addition, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please click to read more about Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
WHAT WE DO…
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is a national leader in Theatre for Young Audiences and is recognized for the breadth and strength of its programs. We are dedicated to creating vibrant and engaging theatre experiences, both on the stage and in the classroom. We are a professional theatre creating shows for children, not by children, however we generally cast student actors in one or two shows throughout the season.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte welcomes enthusiastic, motivated, personable, customer-centric individuals to join the Front of House team. This team is committed to ensuring that every touchpoint in a patron’s journey is engaging, efficient, and effective. Candidates must be available to work from 12 to 5 PM, Monday-Friday. Hours and number of days may vary and there is some flexibility. Hours will generally not exceed 20-25 hours per week. In addition, there are opportunities to work weekend hours on Saturdays and Sundays during shows.
Start Date: On or around November 29, 2021
- Engage with customers in person and by phone or email to provide service as needed.
- Process orders, exchanges, and refunds for productions, classes, and camps utilizing the AudienceView ticketing system.
- Help with will call during performance times.
- Assist with various administrative tasks under the direction of the Customer Experience Manager.
- Keep House Manager(s) updated on special patron needs (i.e. wheelchairs), ticketing problems, number of seats sold each performance, etc.
- Understand the breadth and depth of programming offered by Children’s Theatre of Charlotte to speak confidently to customers and promote/cross-sell productions and activities.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF…
- You are both parts people oriented and computer savvy. You will receive special consideration if you have experience in managing and extracting data from a CRM or ticketing software program.
- You enjoy identifying customer needs and taking proactive steps to build and maintain positive experiences (i.e., handling queries, resolving customer service issues, etc.).
- You are adept at using a variety of apps and digital tools to accomplish your work. This includes familiarity with ticketing and CRM software and proficiency in MS Office/Google Platform apps.
- You are enthusiastic about connecting our community to theatre for young audiences.
- You will receive special consideration if you are multi-lingual/bi-lingual.
- You are excited to lead through a lens of equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity.
To apply click this link: Box Office Associate Application
Deadline: November 28, 2021