Position: Public Relations and Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Position Summary: Children’s Theatre of Charlotte is looking for a Public Relations and Social Media Manager to join our Marketing and Communications team and help us grow our brand thoughtfully through engaging content across multiple platforms. The PR and Social Media Manager will be responsible for curating and publishing content, collecting and reviewing social media data, and fostering relationships with our customer base, creative professionals, members of the media, community leaders, and key influencers. The ideal candidate will be a team player, adept in all social media platforms, have a creative mindset and a strong commitment as a brand ambassador within the community – championing our mission and building relationships to enhance our reputation online and offline.
- Develop relevant content, promotion and engagement strategies that align with business goals and implement across multiple channels. Content includes images, video and written material to include press releases, marketing collateral, etc.
- Analyze, review, and report on metrics of campaigns to show ROI.
- Engage with users on social platforms while growing audiences, conversions and customer loyalty.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and respond to questions/comments in a timely manner.
- Serve as primary contact with members of the press/media. Write pitches for press and media outlets.
- Coordinate interviews, reviews, features and photo/video opportunities with press and media outlets.
- Help organize and maintain CTC photo and video archives.
- Network with others in the community to build visibility and credibility of our brand’s voice.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in professional marketing environment with concentration in social media and/or content management.
- Excellent writing and language skills required.
- Strong presentation and time management skills required.
- Strong networking and communication skills required.
- Proficient with email marketing platforms (i.e. MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Knowledge of Facebook’s advertising platform preferred.
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations and/or theatre and performing arts preferred.
- Photography and/or video skills highly desirable.
- Graphic design knowledge a plus (Adobe Creative Suite programs).
To Apply: Submit your application, cover letter and writing samples through the Children’s Theatre of Charlotte website.