Project Harmony Manger
Charlotte Symphony Orchestra is searching for a Project Harmony Manager who loves music and supports the CSO’s vision that all children deserve access to quality music education.
About the Charlotte Symphony
Led by internationally renowned Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, the Charlotte Symphony is the largest performing arts organization in the region. Core programming runs from September through May and includes Classical, Pops, and Family series, alongside annual holiday favorites Magic of Christmas and Handel’s Messiah. We also serve as the soundtrack to our community’s ballet and opera productions.
Project Harmony, a partnership between Charlotte Symphony and Arts+, is a program for enacting social change through music, serves nearly 200 children with the fewest resources and greatest need through a free afterschool orchestra training program.
Reporting to the Director of Youth Orchestra Programs, the Project Harmony Manager is responsible for managing all Project Harmony sites and staff and will coordinate operations, communications, and rehearsals.
The Manager will also plan events and concerts, strengthen relationships with sites and key community partners, and oversee parent engagement and communications. They will oversee attendance and student records, as well instrument inventory, upkeep and organization at program sites.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience working in underserved communities. They will be fluent in Spanish. They will possess strong organizational and time management skills, and will be committed to the El Sistema philosophy of social change through music. They will have the ability to work nights/weekends for Project Harmony, CSYO and CSO program events as needed. The ability to stay calm under pressure and handle unexpected situations effectively is required. They will have experience working in youth development programs and/or education.
Management experience, knowledge of music pedagogies, instruments and beginning repertoire, as well as experience leading groups of children effectively are highly desirable.
- Manage all Project Harmony sites and staff
- Coordinate operations, communications and rehearsals
- Support El Sistema ideals of music excellence and social inclusion
- Oversee attendance and student records
- Organize parent meetings, events and communications in collaboration with site coordinators
- Manage calendars and develop program schedule
- Visit sites regularly
- Attend meetings and professional development sessions as assigned
- Manage program promotion and documentation
- Oversee future program growth
- Assist with development and management of yearly program budgets
- Manage general bookkeeping
- Track receipts and expenses
- Oversee the inventory, upkeep and organization of instruments at program sites and storage unit
- Take instruments in for repair as needed
Interested candidates should forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Harmony Manager in the subject line, along with a short cover note telling us why you want to work for the CSO. Applications accepted via email only, no phone calls please.