The Charlotte Ballet Academy Part Time Front Desk Receptionist serves as the first contact to Charlotte Ballet’s visitors, guests and callers. Receptionist provides welcoming, informative and professional reception in support of all the organization’s departments.
|Section I – Job Identification|
|Department:||Charlotte Ballet Academy|
|Reports To (Job Title):||Academy Program Manager|
|Classification:||Part-time (10 – 25 hours available); Non-Exempt|
Section II – Job Purpose, Scope & Responsibilities
Job Purpose: Serves as first contact to Charlotte Ballet’s visitors, guests, and callers. Provides welcoming, informative, and professional reception in support of all the organization’s departments.
Charlotte Ballet Academy offers a nurturing and structured environment that encourages individuality, creative expression and an appreciation for the art of dance. The Academy provides expert instruction to students who are training for professional careers in dance, as well as those who are interested in simply experiencing the joy and benefit of dancing.
|Job Duties and Responsibilities:|
Front Desk Reception
- Monitoring main entrances, pushing button for entry, greeting visitors
- Accepting deliveries, announcing visitors to appropriate employees
- Taking messages, directing queries to the appropriate department or employees
- Addressing general questions from walk-up visitors
- Answering Charlotte Ballet main phone line
- Forwarding calls and messages to appropriate employees
- Sorting incoming mail
- Handles store sales
- Managing walk-up sales and check-in for Adult Open Division classes
- Receiving Academy payments and forms when delivered in person, collecting for Academy Administrators to process
- Data entry projects as assigned
- Assisting with outgoing mailings
Section III – Job Dimensions and Qualifications
Positions Supervised: None
Internal Contacts: Charlotte Ballet Staff, Faculty, and Artists
External Contacts: Academy Parents, students, and prospective families; Visitors, guests, vendors
Education Level & Requirements: High School diploma required. At least one year of receptionist related experience required. Must have a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends, and the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume event environment. Must be outgoing, welcoming, attentive to detail, and professional. Must prove strong communication and organizational skills.
Related Experience: 1-3 Years of Receptionist experience preferred.
Shifts: Separate Morning and Evening Shifts Available.
Compensation: $10 – $11.50 per hour, based on experience
Professional/Technical Competencies: Front desk phone system, basic computer skills, Word, Excel, Publisher, MINDBODY Software, Credit Card Machine, Copy Machine, Postage Machine
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Ruth Gibbs, Academy Program Manager, by Friday, June 29 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).