Patron Engagement Manager
Regular full time; Exempt
Reports To (Job Title):
Director of Marketing & Communication
Charlotte Ballet is a group of individuals with a common passion: creating artistically excellent programming from beautiful classics to thought-provoking contemporary works that push the boundaries of ballet. From artists who have dazzled audiences and critics the world over, to teachers and educators sharing the joy of ballet as an art form, we proudly call Charlotte our home.
The Patron Engagement Manager is responsible for managing Charlotte Ballet’s ticketing services, subscriber program, and patron database. The Manager performs all duties with a focus on strengthening patron/donor engagement, increased revenue, audience development and elevated public awareness. The position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and supervises one patron relations assistant.
The ideal candidate MUST have experience in an entertainment venue, preferably managing ticketing and/or high-level guest relations.
Box Office and Ticketing Lead
- Manage Charlotte Ballet’s ticketing services, including ticketing system management.
- Serve as customer service “concierge”, providing personalized ticketing assistance to Board Members, donors and other key audiences.
- Serve as liaison to Blumenthal Performing Arts for all aspects of ticketing including single tickets, group sales and subscriptions. Regularly and accurately communicate with the BPA regarding pricing, promotions and information/messaging pertaining to performances.
- Implement dynamic pricing and manage house scaling and fill. Manage set up of house seating charts, on-sale events, ticket holds, and comp tickets.
- Responsible for front of house set up and oversight, including serving onsite as Charlotte Ballet box office coverage for evening and weekend performances.
Subscription Program Manager
- Serve as ticketing concierge for subscribers, resolving issues and building strong relationships with our patrons.
- Manage annual season subscription campaign, including subscription renewals and new sales via phone. Advise on pricing. Develop messaging.
Patron Ticketing System and Data Intelligence Lead
- Responsible for segmented list development and analyzing lists to track effectiveness of marketing pieces.
- Manage internal data intelligence system, building company’s ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Supervise one patron relations coordinator, including training and scheduling.
- Manage related invoices, budgets, and other administration
- 3-5 years experience managing ticketing or admissions processes
- Highest level skill set and experience in hands-on customer service
- Experience with ticketing systems and CRM
- Above-average proficiency with Excel
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (both speaking and written communication)
- Bachelors Degree in Arts, Business, Marketing or related fields or appropriate experience
- Familiarity with Audience View and BPA ticketing
- Experience implementing dynamic pricing
- Experience with nonprofit cultural institution patrons
- One-to-one sales experience
- Experience working as part of a marketing team
Charlotte Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.