Development and Executive Associate: Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this position will assist with Capital campaign needs while also supporting the Executive Director administratively.
Section I – Job Identification
Job Title: Development and Executive Associate
Employee Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports To (Job Title): Director of Philanthropy
Section II – Job Purpose, Scope & Responsibilities
Job Purpose: This position supports the director of philanthropy and executive director with duties related to Charlotte Ballet’s 10-year fundraising campaign.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Development Campaign Support (55% of time): Assist Director of Philanthropy with all campaign implementation, including task assignments and maintaining timelines; capture meeting minutes. Assist Director of Philanthropy in organizing and monitoring volunteer assignments and follow-up. Provide administrative support to Campaign Planning Committee, including but not limited to distributing agendas, reminders, meeting materials and minutes. Update Raisers Edge records to include prospects, notes, cultivation, solicitation and gifts pertaining to the campaign. Work with individual giving manager to ensure that gifts are acknowledged with appropriate recognition and appreciation
Assistant to Executive Director (35% of time): Assist Executive Director with scheduling, calendar maintenance and meeting preparation. Communicate Executive Director needs to Director of Philanthropy and development team.
Liaison/Development/Administration (10% of time): Serve as an active member of the Development Department taking on projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Section III – Job Dimensions and Qualifications
Internal Contacts: Director of Philanthropy; Executive Director; Senior Staff and all other Staff; Dancers; Trustees; Advisors; and other volunteers
External Contacts: Campaign Planning Committee, campaign donors and prospects
Education Level and Focus: Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit administration, fundraising, marketing or communications preferred
Years and Type of Related Experience Required: Minimum of two years’ experience in a nonprofit development or communications office, exposure to a capital campaign process is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and an ability to interact comfortably with a broad range of individuals, including high net-worth donors; exhibits a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and ongoing projects; attention to detail; strategic thinking and analysis; and initiative and independence, combined with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database preferred.
- Works independently and to accept responsibility for designated assignments
- Complete complex projects at a high level of excellence
- Promotes Charlotte Ballet both in and out of the office
- Knowledge of development processes to acquire, cultivate and steward donors.
- Acts as a good steward of Charlotte Ballet’s funding
- Plans and executes complex projects both autonomously and collaboratively
- Display genuine enthusiasm and regularly take steps to measure and enhance work
- Comfortable working with deadlines and being flexible when unexpected opportunities arise
- Carries out projects from concept to completion, including information gathering, content development, review, editing and approvals
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Meg Putnam (firstname.lastname@example.org)