|Job Title:||Communications Manager|
|Employee Status:||Regular full time; non-exempt|
|Reports To (Job Title):||Director of Marketing & Communications|
Job Purpose, Scope & Responsibilities:
Job Purpose: Responsible for managing Charlotte Ballet’s Public Relations program, including all media relations activities, as well as new audience development and influencer marketing. Manager performs all duties with a focus on increased revenue, elevated public awareness and organizational brand reputation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Public Relations Program (60%): Responsible for building and managing Charlotte Ballet’s public relations program. Conduct media relations outreach on behalf of the Ballet to promote the organization, ticketed events, Academy programs, community outreach initiatives, and more. Respond to incoming media inquiries. Write and distribute press releases and advisories. Develop a broad range of stories and pitch to national, local, and industry media outlets as part of your holistic media outreach strategy. Develop interview materials and briefings for staff as needed. Manage submissions to all external event calendars. Track, measure, and report the results of PR campaigns to internal teams and clients. Manage onsite media attendance and house photographers at events. Plan and manage press conferences and other media-focused events. Manage crisis communications strategy and plan for implementation. Build and maintain archive of media materials.
Influencer and Niche Marketing (20%): Build a marketing outreach program aimed at identified audiences locally and online. Build relationships in the community to better market to specific audiences. Test and develop formal Influencer Marketing program, collaborating with social media lead.
Content Development (15%): In addition to press materials, collaborate as part of the content development team to conceptualize, create and distribute key pieces of content. Play a key role in marketing planning and implementation.
Event Management (5%): Plan and manage any media and influencer events. Partner with colleagues to ensure successful implementation of other Ballet marketing events throughout the year.
Job Dimensions and Qualifications:
Positions Supervised: N/A
Internal Contacts: Executive Director and Artistic Director; Executive Staff and all other Staff; Trustees
External Contacts: Members of the media, community partners, videographers, photographers & other vendors, members of the public
Education Level and Focus: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or English
Years and Type of Related Experience Required:
5+ years overall communications experience with:
- Minimum 3 years direct experience in media relations in the Charlotte metropolitan area
- Experience writing for different audiences and different channels
- Experience working with influencers
- Experience with all social media channels, preferably as channel manager
- Performing arts experience preferred
- Demonstrates very strong written communications skills necessary to write clear and concise content for all audiences
- Highly professional presentation and verbal communication skills necessary in managing events and as a representative of Charlotte Ballet
- Demonstrates high level of Emotional Intelligence, tact and diplomacy in all interactions, including the appropriate treatment of sensitive or confidential information and equal and fair treatment for all
- Skilled in all MS Office programs and social channels. Familiarity with Emma or other email marketing programs.
- A self-starter, dedicated to results. Foresees roadblocks in goal meeting and works quickly in problem solving to achieve goals in timely manner
- Works independently and to accept responsibility for designated assignments
- Positively promotes and represents Charlotte Ballet both in and out of the office
- Acts as a good steward of Charlotte Ballet’s funding
- Plans and executes complex projects both autonomously and collaboratively, completing complex projects with a high level of excellence
- Display genuine enthusiasm and regularly take steps to measure and enhance work
- Comfortable working with deadlines and being flexible when unexpected opportunities arise
- Carries out projects from concept to completion, including information gathering, content development, review, editing and approvals
- Ability to work evening and weekend events throughout the year
- Ability to travel on business on occasion
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Applicants without cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.