Academy Administrative Assistant: Reporting to the Academy Experience Manager, this position will serve as the first point of contact for Ballet guests while also supporting the administrative needs of the Academy.
Section I – Job Identification
Job Title: Academy Administrative Assistant
Department: Charlotte Ballet Academy
Reports To (Job Title): Academy Experience Manager
Classification: Part-time (10 – 27 hours available); Non-Exempt
Section II – Job Purpose, Scope & Responsibilities
Job Purpose: Serves as first contact to Charlotte Ballet’s visitors, guests, and callers. Provides welcoming, informative, and professional reception in support of all the organization’s departments. Assists with daily Academy administrative functions as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Desk Reception (25% – 50%)
- Monitor main entrances, push button for entry, greet visitors
- Accept deliveries, announce visitors to appropriate employees
- Take messages, direct queries to correct department/employees
- Address general questions from walk-up visitors
- Answer Charlotte Ballet main phone line; Forward calls & messages
- Sorting incoming mail
Academy Administration (50% – 75%)
Academy Registration and Mailings
- Assist with entering and maintaining records in CRM database
- Assist with processing registrations & payments, answer questions regarding placement classes and registration
- Assist in pulling Academy related reports as needed
- Create flyers as needed for Academy announcements
- Assists with mass e-mailings to Academy families for Summer Placements, Fall Student Evaluations and Placements, etc.
- Process payments for Adult Drop In Division classes
National Audition Tour & Summer Intensive
- Assists with National Audition Tour Pre-Registrations via CRM
- Assists with National Audition Tour data entry & result emails
- Assists with Summer Intensive Registrations
Children’s Cast Support
- Assists with Nutcracker & Spring Story Book audition, registration, and rehearsal related questions and processes
- Assists with additional Academy performances as needed
Section III – Job Dimensions and Qualifications
Positions Supervised: None
Internal Contacts: Charlotte Ballet Staff, Faculty, and Artists
External Contacts: Academy Parents, students, and prospective families; Visitors, guests, vendors
Education Level & Requirements: High School diploma required. At least two years of receptionist related experience required. Must have a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends, and the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume event environment. Must be outgoing, welcoming, attentive to detail, and professional. Must prove strong communication and organizational skills.
Related Experience: 2 – 3 Years of Receptionist experience preferred.
Shifts: Separate Morning and Evening Shifts Available.
Compensation: Based on experience
Professional/Technical Competencies: Front desk phone system, basic computer skills, Word, Excel, Publisher, Database Software, Credit Card Processing, Copy Machine, Postage Machine, Customer Service Skills
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to Lizzy Greene (email@example.com)