Position: Guest Services Associate
Duration: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Charlotte, NC
Department: Admissions/Museum Store
The Guest Services Associate provides an exceptional visitor experience as a member of a versatile Front of House team that handles: reception, concierge, ticketing, retail sales, and membership sign-ups & sales. Additionally, the Associate supports the overall Operations organization through participation in general office services programs, marketing initiatives, and maintenance of all safety policies and security procedures.
This position requires a working time of 10-20 hours per week.
- Acts as the welcoming initial point of contact and concierge for all museum guests, visitors and clients. Prioritizes excellent customer service and the visitor experience over all other tasks.
- Provides accurate and timely customer information via friendly, engaging phone support.
- Performs opening and closing functions for the front desk and the museum store through established procedures
- Conducts ticketing sales, retail sales, and membership sign-ups & sales through use of POS systems. Handles cash and credit card transactions.
- Becomes knowledgeable about the museum, its history, exhibits, programs and special events, and communicates this information to guests
- Maintains highest standards of both visual appearance and operability of all public spaces, including lobby, entryways, exhibits, restrooms, front desk, and the museum store.
- Understands and maintains all building safety, security and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Assists in store with pricing, restock, merchandise displays, and inventory counts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in guest services, retail sales, and/or customer services.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, and collaborative team environment
- Excellent telephone, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer proficient; ability to use standard office equipment and perform multiple general functions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holiday’s hours as needed.
- Punctual and reliable, neat and accurate in work habits; self-starter with attention to detail.
- Ability to move from place to place which may include standing and/or walking for extended period of time; must be able to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org