Visitor Services Associate
Pay Rate: $8 hour
Must be 18 years old
Part-time position starting out at 1 day a week
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
- Welcomes and assists visitors
- Staffs children’s birthday parties
- Answers Carolina Raptor Center central phone line
- Provides orientation and other information to visitors in the form of maps or other media
- Records information about visitors (through Altru POS System and Visitor Surveys)
- Sells admissions, special event tickets and memberships, and takes payments for school programs
- Sells gift shop items
- Maintains inventory and merchandise displays
- Stocks and prices merchandise
- Develops proficiency in using the Altru POS System
- Prints trail guides and brochures as needed
- Maintains a clean, organized front desk area
- Assists with Trail maintenance by identifying issues
- Maintains cleanliness of the visitor center and does the following as needed…
- Vacuums or sweeps the Visitor Services floor, floor mats, and carpeted areas
- Empties Garbage Cans
- Conducts other cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned
- Passion for interacting with guests of all ages.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize guests and tasks.
- Retail/service experience preferred.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Success in working in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
All employees will from time to time be asked to perform other duties as assigned
All employees attend mandatory staff meetings
All employees must submit to a background check
To apply, please send resume to Sandi Fryling at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes received by email will be considered.