Reporting to: Vice President of Education
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employment Type: Full Time
Under the supervision of the VP of Education, manages relationships, partnerships, and programming to serve community needs in alignment with organizational goals and with specific attention to diversity, equity, and inclusion; leads efforts to expand the reach and impact of education initiatives; trains and supervises the work of contract personnel; manages designated educational programs and events; support all education department efforts as a collaborative team member.
This position will be a blend of in-person and remote work, leading to more in-person work progressively.
Duties & Responsibilities
The CIM is responsible for the development, management, and retention of authentic, strong working relationships among a wide range of groups and individuals whose work aligns with BPA’s priorities, to enable impactful engagement opportunities and promote awareness of Blumenthal’s Education programs. Groups include community organizations, local nonprofits, partner arts organizations, teaching artists, similar presenting arts organizations, external art partners, schools, and individual teachers and students. Maintain relationships through phone, email, social media, and in-person meetings and events. The CIM is responsible for obtaining a working knowledge of community partner programs, offering consultative and resource support as needed.
The CIM manages programs featuring multiple events throughout the year, each with specific oversight responsibilities. The CIM will be responsible for the following program-related duties:
- Conceptualize and pursue creative opportunities to engage the community through a variety of programs created and managed by the Education Department.
- Establish a full schedule of events for a variety of programs each season.
- Strategically target groups and organizations that would benefit from inclusion in Education programs and events.
- Reserve appropriate venues and request all set-up needs, confirming all details with appropriate Blumenthal departments and other organizations/companies when events occur at external facilities
- Coordinate logistical details for all staff, volunteers, and guests participating in programs and events, providing schedules, directions, and other details as needed.
- In collaboration with the BPA marketing department, create and implement marketing plans for programs, including email campaigns, social media posts, and general website maintenance.
- Represent Blumenthal’s Education Department at designated events, acting as liaison between the public and Blumenthal.
- Support outcome measurement for initiatives and collaborations; including research and data collection.
- Create program guides and expansion materials.
- Set participation goals.
- On-going program assessment and refinement.
- Maintaining program documentation including surveys, feedback, participation statistics, photos and videos as well as communicating information to marketing and development.
Contract and Financial Responsibilities
- Strategically define and maintain designated program budgets.
- Negotiate contracts with guest artists, including full execution of contractual arrangements.
- Manage credit card reconciliation reporting.
- Create invoices for external partners (e.g. schools, community organizations, etc.) to ensure timely payment when appropriate.
- Collaborate with Group Sales on ticket orders and reporting.
- Work in partnership with Development staff to generate and implement funding plans to support strategies, including support for Annual Campaign and grant writing activities.
Relationship Development and Enhancement
- Generate a bi-monthly presentation with citations, highlighting current events, feedback and statistics that influence current community needs.
- Works with VP of Education in collaborating with Marketing, Programming, and other departments as needed to contribute toward successful BPA programs, events, and festivals.
- Works with VP of Education in preparing for and conducting meetings with school leaders and teachers, organization leaders, and colleagues to explore new initiatives and enhance current programs as well as developing and fostering relationships with external organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three years of related experience in community partnership, programming, and/or outreach; theatre and education experience preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience with progressively increasing responsibility will be considered.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Practical understanding of research and statistics and the ability to articulate results.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and implement creative solutions.
- Advanced computer abilities.
- Proven track record of teaming with staff, volunteers, and a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks.
- Skilled in exercising a high degree of initiative, flexibility, judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
- Experience in organizational and community development principles and practices preferred
- Experience in working with and supporting volunteers and working with and supporting collaborations preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 9, 2021.
Salary Range: $51,000 – $64,0000