Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Events Manager
Status: Part-time (Hourly)
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art is seeking a part-time Events Coordinator who is skilled in project management, is detail oriented, possesses strong communication skills, and has a desire to develop professional skills related to facility rentals and special events. The Events Coordinator will assist in the coordination and execution of museum events. The Bechtler hosts a variety of corporate, social, and nonprofit events, including meetings, conferences, presentations, lectures, weddings, cocktail receptions, and seated dinners.
Past event and/or programming experience required. Experience in the arts not required. Events Coordinator must be able to lead projects/events independently as well as work interdependently with Departments on the execution of museum events. Events Coordinator will report and work closely with the museum’s Events Manager and Director of Events.
Essential Duties and Job Outline
Oversee and Execute Development and other Internal, non-rental Events for the Museum
- Oversees all Development and other Museum Internal events
- Coordinates catering and outside vendor needs with event contacts
- Manages internal event budget including catering costs, alcohol cost/needs, staffing and security, costs, décor,
Building Services/Cleaning Crew/Museum Facilities
- Confirm Building Services has properly cleaned the building each morning
- Work closely with Executive Assistant and Building Manager regarding all building
- Schedule/coordinate monthly kitchen cleaning (and ice machine) cleaning with Building
- Schedule/Coordinate quarterly deep clean of basement
Museum Point of Contact with Park-It/Museum Loading and Unloading Needs
- Arrange for reservation of appropriate number of parking spaces on Tryon for vendor loading and unloading for all
- Point of contact for Park-It and Childress Klein
Oversees Alcohol Program for Museum and Kitchen Storage/Organization
- Maintains beer, wine and liquor inventory for all museum
- Handles all event alcohol inventory sheets and alcohol
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized the Weekly clean out/disposal of the fridge/freezer from items left from museum events.
- Ensures necessary items are in stock for use in kitchen – soap, scrub brushes, paper towels, trash bags, mop/mop head, brooms, ice bowl and scoop,
- All organizational calendaring for the museum and the museum’s
Events Associate and Security Staff Scheduling
- Schedules all event associate staff for museum
- Manages out security calendar and
Act as on-site staff for Museum Events
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.