Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Events Manager
Status: Part-time (Hourly-Average of 15 Hours per Week)
Hourly Rate: $16.00 per hour
The Bechtler Museum of Modern Art is seeking a part-time, hourly evenings and weekend Events Associate who is a team player, detail oriented, possesses strong communication skills, and has a desire to develop professional skills related to facility rentals and special events. The Events Associate will assist in the execution of museum events and programs, and will be the face of the museum during private and internal events.
The Bechtler hosts a variety of corporate, social, and nonprofit private events, including meetings, conferences, presentations, lectures, weddings, cocktail receptions, and seated dinners. This position requires flexibility as many private events are held on evenings and weekends sporadically throughout the month. The dress code ranges from business casual to semi-formal depending on the event.
In addition to working private events, the Events Associate will also work the monthly Jazz at the Bechtler concert held on the first Friday of every month as well as other monthly public programs. Consistent availability for these monthly public programs is required for the position. The dress code for public programs is professional all-black attire.
- Execute the set up and breakdown of each individual event by following the specific event details laid out by the Events Manager.
- Take the initiative to identify and troubleshoot solutions to issues and/or needs tied to the rental client and/or guests during an event as needed.
- Communicate and frequently check-in with the rental client and/or other Bechtler staff to provide great customer service and anticipate any event needs.
- Monitor the event space and/or galleries to ensure guest safety, the safety of the building and art works.
- Keep the bar well-stocked during events.
- Enforce ABC State laws, State and City laws and guidelines, and museum policies with the assistance of on-site museum security.
- Ensure that each event is carried out in a professional and organized manner.
- Provide event feedback after each event to the Events Manager.
Minimum of two years in events and/or catering required. Licensed bartending experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in the arts not required but appreciated. Events Associate must be able to move large objects up to 50lbs and stand for long periods of time. The Events Associate will report and work closely with the museum’s Events Manager.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.