Locations: Ballantyne Arts Center & Morrison Family YMCA
Pay Type: Hourly
Application Deadline: 2/15/2018
Commitment: Monday-Friday, June 4-Aug 24, 6:45 a.m.- 1:15 p.m. and/or 12:45 p.m. -6:15 p.m. plus mandatory trainings a few weeks prior to June 4. Please provide conflicts with your application.
Under the direction of the Sr. Program Director of Arts and consistent with the mission of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte, the Camp Counselor – Arts will be responsible for the day to day functions of all visual and performing arts summer camps for the branch, its members and the community.
– Must be 16 years of age; college education preferred.
– Background in arts and/or education preferred.
– Experience working with a variety of ages.
– Comfort assisting with administrative duties.
– Interest in children and significant evidence of emotional maturity, good moral character, judgment, integrity and leadership capability.
– Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.
– Obtain safety certifications and all trainings and certifications in accordance with the Quality Standards within required timeframe.
– Desire to learn and apply experiences as necessary.
– Strong interpersonal skills to communicate in a positive manner with members, participants and staff.
– Provide a fun, educationally driven arts camp experience for youth ages 3-16.
– Serve as class assistant to professional teaching artists in dance, theatre, visual art and music.
– Assist with administrative duties as assigned including producing rosters, name tags, and programs.
– Provide activities and supervision during pre and/or post camp care, turning in lesson plans by deadline.
– Maintain camp schedules supervising breaks and transitions.
– Maintain attendance and contact families if children are absent.
– Provide professional and engaging communication to families.
– Insure the health and safety of each participant and maintain a safe and clean program site.
– Be a positive influence and advocate of the arts and the YMCA.
– Take part in all training or in-service activities to develop proficiencies required performing job responsibilities.
– Attend staff meetings, promptly and prepared.
– Be an active participant in program analysis providing constructive and proactive feedback for program adjustments and improvements.
– Maintain positive relationships, open communication with YMCA personnel, participants, administration and volunteers.
To Apply: Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. Letter(s) of Recommendation (at least one professional)
3. Cover Letter including:
a. Self introduction and reason for interest in the specific position.
b. Age of children you have worked with, largest number of children you have worked with at one time and age group you work with best.
c. Your strengths and challenges working with children.
d. Your experience working in a group of peers.
4. Any days/weeks you would be unavailable to work June 4-August 24.