|Locations:||Ballantyne Arts Center & Morrison Family YMCA|
Monday-Friday, June 3-Aug 23, 6:45 a.m.- 1:15 p.m. and/or 12:45 p.m. -6:15 p.m. plus mandatory trainings a few weeks prior to June 3. Please provide conflicts with your application.
Under the direction of the Sr. Program Director of Arts and consistent with the mission of the YMCA of Greater Charlotte, the Camp Counselor – Arts will be responsible for the day to day functions of arts summer camps for the branch, its members and the community.
- Must be 16 years of age; college education a
- Background in arts and/or
- Experience working with a variety of
- Comfort assisting with administrative
- Interest in children and significant evidence of emotional maturity, good moral character, judgment, integrity and leadership
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and
- Obtain safety certifications and all trainings and certifications in accordance with the Quality Standards within required
- Desire to learn and apply experiences as
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate in a positive manner with members, participants and
- Provide a fun, educationally driven arts camp experience for youth ages 3-16.
- Serve as class assistant to professional
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned including producing rosters, name tags, and
- Provide activities and supervision during pre and/or post camp care, turning in lesson plans by deadline.
- Maintain camp schedules supervising breaks and
- Maintain attendance and contact families if children are
- Provide professional and engaging communication to
- Insure the health and safety of each participant and maintain a safe and clean program
- Be a positive influence and advocate of the arts and the
- Take part in all training or in-service activities to develop proficiencies required performing job responsibilities.
- Attend staff meetings, promptly and
- Be an active participant in program analysis providing constructive and proactive feedback for program adjustments and
- Maintain positive relationships, open communication with YMCA personnel, participants, administration and
How to Apply
To apply, email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (at least one professional)
- Cover Letter including:
- Self introduction and reason for interest in the specific
- Age of children you have worked with, largest number of children you have worked with at one time and age group you work with
- Your strengths and challenges working with
- Your experience working in a group of
- Any days/weeks you would be unavailable to work June 3-August