Title: Program Assistant, Education
Reports To: Vice President, Education
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
The Program Assistant, Education is a vital member of the ASC Education Department. The Program Assistant provides administrative support with operational duties directly related to the implementation and management of Education programming, initiatives, and endeavors offered to PreK-12 schools and/or in partnership with colleges & universities. Reporting to the ASC Vice President (VP) of Education, the Program Assistant will support all members of the Education team.
The Program Assistant interfaces in a professional manner with staff, community partners, individual artists, volunteers, vendors, and the general public to coordinate department deliverables. Applicants for this position must be proactive, detail-oriented, well organized, diligent, dependable, independent, adaptable, and flexible within the ASC constituent-focused, fast-paced environment. Applicants must also demonstrate the ability to work with diverse communities. A passion for and an understanding of the cultural community and its work in the community are essential.
Responsibilities / Duties / Functions / Tasks
- Support day-to-day operations for the ASC Education Department by anticipating team member needs, managing master calendar of meetings and events, assisting in preparing reports and presentations, maintaining and updating mail, email, and phone directories, and streamlining accurate files
- Perform administrative duties, including answering incoming calls, preparing correspondences, copying, faxing, emailing, scanning, and circulating documents, processing contracts and payments, and pulling digital files
- Prepare documents for timely review for ASC Education Department
- Maintain consistent records and verbal, written, and electronic communications regarding ASC Education
- Respond quickly and professionally to internal and external requests for information and assistance
- Assist in preparing weekly, bimonthly, and monthly timesheets, requisitions, credit card reconciliations, mileage reimbursements, cash expenses, invoices, et cetera, for ASC Education Department
- Assist in event and committee meetings, planning sessions, and implementation as assigned
- Handle registrations, travel, and hotel arrangements and coordinate required materials for professional meetings, conferences, and organizations, et cetera, for ASC Education Department
- Perform other duties as apparent, assigned, or approved by Vice President, Education and other members of the Education team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; three years of administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting leadership team-level personnel and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Independent and cooperative decision making, and proactive strategic thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and community representatives.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables.
- Computer skills: must be adept in Microsoft Office365 Applications, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SharePoint knowledge is a plus. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is also a plus.
- Position will have work space in the ASC office.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions from phone calls and conversation.
- Frequently will be asked to lift and carry (up to 20lbs), set-up, and clean-up materials.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities throughout the community will be expected from time to time outside of normal hours and on weekends.
How to Apply
- Please email resume and cover letter with “Program Assistant, Education” in the subject line to: email@example.com by August 2, 2019.
- No phone calls or follow-up emails.
ASC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, women, and people who are differently–abled are strongly encouraged to apply.