Title: Grant Writer
Reports To: Director of Government Relations & Grants
Job Summary: The Grant Writer’s primary responsibilities include researching, writing, and coordinating proposals and grant applications, management of proposal calendar, and preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports for all grant funded projects.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant applications/proposals, including planning, writing, document gathering, internal and external communications and final submissions.
- Works with finance staff and relevant program staff to develop accurate budget information for all funding applications and grant proposals.
- Coordinates all funding applications, support requests and other funding proposal activities.
- Ensures all applications are responsive to the solicitation or grant requirements and that both the content and format are compliant with the funders’ requirements; ensures that the correct forms are utilized for all necessary attachments.
- Writes reports to government, foundations and other funders.
- Develops and maintains a proposal calendar.
- Acts as liaison with program staff.
- Other responsibilities may include research and identification of new government and private funding prospects.
- Special projects as needed.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful experience in grant writing and management; 2-3 years of non-profit experience is desirable.
- Possess excellent writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Independent and cooperative decision making and proactive strategic thinking.
- Commitment to service excellence and added value.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors and community representatives.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills; excellent communication (both written & oral) and client service skills; excellent people skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Raiser’s Edge
- Position will have work space in the ASC office. Work will be performed in various locations both internal and external to the workplace.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions from phone calls and conversation.
- Occasionally will be asked to lift, carry, set-up and clean-up materials.
- Attendance and participation at events and activities throughout the cultural community may be expected from time-to-time outside of normal office hours and on weekends.
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail resume and cover letter with Grant Writer in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are accepting applications until the position is filled
- No phone calls or follow-up e-mails