Position: Employee Engagement Coordinator.
Reports To: Senior Director of Corporate Relations.
Job Summary: The Employee Engagement Coordinator will be an essential part of the Philanthropy Team who builds, maintains, cultivates and engages corporate donors in increasing philanthropic support from assigned accounts for ASC, particularly through the Employee Engagement Campaigns (EEC). This position is responsible for organizing EEC campaigns and volunteers to develop long-term relationships to maximize support for ASC and our cultural partners. This person will work closely with the Sr. Director of Corporate Relations to manage EEC’s and support all initiatives related to corporate support.
Excellent presentation, time management, oral / written communication skills, sound judgment, and the ability to act independently are essential to this position; must be process oriented and able to interact with volunteers at all operational levels with a great deal of skill and professionalism.
- Workplace Campaign Preparation and Planning
- Help identify and implement quality controls and improvements to enhance workplace campaigns
- Assist with campaign volunteer recruitment
- Assist with volunteer solicitation training with prepared training materials
- Implement solicitation/stewardship strategies to motivate specific campaign areas to give and to create loyalty
- Identify, purchase and organize necessary campaign materials / supplies to meet the needs of assigned areas
- Research and cultivate new prospects; develop and recommend strategies appropriate to growing campaign revenue
- Plan and orchestrate area meetings and other meetings as needed
- Orchestrate solicitation mailings and gift acknowledgement letters, as directed
- Campaign Management
- Responsible for a portfolio of corporations and their associated employee engagement campaigns (EECs)
- Manage, cultivate and implement strategies according to overall development plan for workplace giving
- Oversee the packaging of employee campaign materials and other solicitation materials as needed
- Assist in managing corporate donor stewardship, including strategic year-round engagement and effective corporate donor communication
- Work with marketing and philanthropy team members to create engaging and effective campaigns
- Plan and execute training sessions for employee campaign In-House Coordinators
- Work with the Philanthropy Specialist to identify systems to utilize and manage the talent request process for campaigns
- Attend all related campaign meetings
- Direct research and assessment of goal process as related to assigned areas; provide input in recommending goals for assigned areas
- Produce clear and concise written communication for all appropriate aspects of the campaign
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Manage all organizational and financial aspects of assigned areas
- Make presentations to corporations and employees during the campaign and beyond
- Plan appropriate cultivation events, when necessary, for certain campaign areas
- Conduct evaluation sessions and/or tools for campaign follow-up and de-briefing
- Generate year-round stewardship plans for corporate portfolio
- Demonstrate Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed campaign goals.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with In-house coordinators to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
- Demonstrate Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Collaborates well with others.
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Treat others with respect and consideration, and accept responsibility for own actions.
- Ongoing Duties/Improvements
- Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Responsible for reading professional publications such as Business Journal, Ventures, The Charlotte Observer, and select national publications to provide research on new prospects as well as providing opportunities to stay abreast of industry / business news
- Keep database current and accurate at all times
- Manage special development and operational projects as assigned
- Assist with special events and perform other duties as apparent or assigned by the Sr. Director of Corporate Relations or Vice President of Philanthropy
- Bachelors degree from accredited college / university.
- Minimum 2-4 years of business development experience.
- Skill in using technology to achieve goals. Microsoft proficiency required, familiarity with donor software and/or CRM software. Experience working in Raisers Edge preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity and “out of the box” thinking on strategies and plans to engage and retain donor/patron.
- Experience managing donor/customer relationships.
- Experience planning and executing short, medium, and long-term projects and initiatives.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, ability to get job done.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter with “Employee Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line to: email@example.com. No phone calls or follow-up emails.