Position: Part-Time or Contract-Based Visual Art Instructor
Reports to: Visual Art Program Director Revised : 8/22/2019
Teaches visual art programs to students of all ages and abilities. Works with and supports visual art program department in planning and preparation of festivals and large-scale community-based art projects as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design projects, prep materials and implement a wide variety of visual art programs as assigned, including preschool, middle school and teen programs, after school, family and community outreach, and weekend arts festivals.
- Assist in program and curriculum design for visual art programs, including working with Arts+ partners to design appropriate visual art activities for a variety of different age groups and
- Assist in the upkeep and organization of the Arts+ main visual art studio and other teaching
- Advocates as a representative of Arts+ and its partnerships with other
- Interacts with parents and peer partner
- Maintain professional skill as an artist and continually seek out professional development
- Other duties as
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY
- Bachelor’s degree in studio art (any discipline concentration), arts education or visual art-related
- Basic fluency in a wide variety of visual art processes and materials; including painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, basic assembly and sculptural processes, basic fiber arts
- Desire to work with children. Comfortable teaching children of all backgrounds and
- Effective working both independently and
- Interest and advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion in cultural
- Must complete a background check.
- To be determined, based on candidate’s desire for part-time or contract-based
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as
- Must be willing to travel throughout Charlotte and the greater Charlotte metropolitan
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com . No phone calls.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.