Position: 3 Summer Camp Interns:
– Charlotte Children’s Choir Camp Intern
– String Orchestra Camp Intern
– Concert and Jazz Band Camp Intern
Status: Seasonal, One-Week internship
Reports to: Director of Music Programs and Camp Directors
Compensation: $350.00 for the week
Dates: Choir Camp July 7-12; Orchestra Camp July 14-19; Band Camp July 21-26
Arts+’s mission is unleashing creativity, transforming lives and building community through outstanding and accessible arts education. Arts+ serves 4,500 students annually through music and visual arts programs, including private lessons, group classes, summer camps, workshops and the Charlotte Children’s Choir. Thanks to outreach programs and financial aid, more than half of students receive their programming for free or at a reduced rate.
Our three Summer Camp Interns will be integral in the success of our Concert and Jazz Band, Orchestra, and Charlotte Children’s Choir Camps. Each intern will work closely with their respective Camp Director to coordinate, plan, and manage the weeklong camp. The internships will be a combination of teaching responsibilities as well as administrative coordination. An ideal candidate is a current undergraduate or graduate student in music with a strong desire to work with children of all ages. For a description of Arts+ summer camps, visit our website at https://www.artsplus.org/programs/camps
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists Camp Director with coordinating and preparing for all of the summer camps, including communication with Camp Director in advance of the camp week.
• Teaching opportunities throughout the week with the camp students in a group setting or in sectionals, including team-building activities and music lessons. The Camp Director and Director of Music Programs will work with the intern to develop their specific teaching responsibilities and lesson plans.
• Management of various administrative tasks throughout the week, including preparing supplies and instruments, concert programs, and other duties as assigned.
• Current undergraduate or graduate student in a music degree program
• Experience working with children and youth in a music setting.
• Knowledge and ability to develop a lesson plan for teaching responsibilities throughout the week.
• Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to camp locations.
• Please submit resume and cover letter to the Director of Music Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Include in the subject line: Music Camp Intern and the specific camp for which you are applying.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.