Position: Music Programs Intern
Status: Summer, minimum of 20 hours per week, unpaid
Reports to: Music Programs Coordinator
Compensation: Paid Parking in Uptown
Staring Date: Mid-June
Arts+’s mission is unleashing creativity, transforming lives and building community through outstanding and accessible arts education. Arts+ serves 4,500 students annually through music and visual arts programs, including private lessons, group classes, summer camps, workshops and the Charlotte Children’s Choir. Thanks to outreach programs and financial aid, more than half of students receive their programming for free or at a reduced rate.
The Music Programs Intern will assist the Program team with all summer activities, including summer camps, strategic planning, administrative projects, special events and programming surrounding our new Creative Arts Lab. An ideal candidate will have a desire to build and expand their foundational arts administration skills by working on a diverse array of projects and music programs. For more information on Arts+ and our programming please review our site: www.artsplus.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Music Programs team with all summer programming.
- Assists office with special projects, administrative planning and preps for camp events.
- Assists with planning and programs in the new Arts+ Creative Lab, The Bridge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards one. High School students will be considered.
- Commitment to teamwork, accuracy, initiative and critical thinking.
- Effective working both independently and collaboratively.
- Comfortable interacting with children of all backgrounds and ages.
- Interest in education and nonprofit organizations.
- Musical or Arts Administration background a plus.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to travel to the Arts+ office and other program locations.
- Please submit resume and cover letter with subject header, Music Programs Intern Application to: email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner status, gender (including sex stereotyping), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.