Position: General Manager (full-time)
Summary: ATC is a professional, non-union theatre company, moving into our 31st season of producing contemporary works for adult audiences.
The General Manager supervises and executes the business operations of the organization, including finances, human resources, facilities, operations, marketing and information technology.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the theater’s finances, including budgeting, payroll administration, strategic planning, grant development and tracking of organizational expenditures, reconciliations, and financial reports.
- Serve as the primary contact for the theaters outside bookkeeper, which supports the theater with accounting, payroll, and tax obligations.
- Oversee annual audit in conjunction with Producing Artistic Director, Board Finance Committee, and outside audit firm.
- Manage and supervise human resources through administration of payroll, benefits, personnel management, employee orientation, and the ongoing development of policies and the employee handbook.
- Serve as a staff representative on Board Finance Committee including the preparation of monthly reports and analysis of vendor contracts, insurance plans, human resources, facility/disaster plan, and other pertinent areas.
- Supervise Information Technology by coordinating maintenance, repair, and development of computers, phone system, database, website and new technologies for the organization.
- Serve as member of the theater’s management team, including guiding and monitoring the plans and goals of the organization, in order to ensure that all members of the theater are included in and informed about organizational issues that affect it.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Apps Suite.
- Proficient with Intuit QuickBooks.
- Familiar ticketing software and data analytics. TicketSage and BlackBaud experience a plus.
- Familiar with social media platforms.
- Familiar with Constant Contact.
- Reports to Producing Artistic Director.
- Oversees the theaters outside accounting firm and administrative interns.
- Assist and oversee box office during performances, ticketing and sales.
- Provide support to marketing, and development initiatives.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) required or at least 3 years experience in Performing Arts Management.
- Strong knowledge and passion for the arts, specifically performing arts.
- Ability to gain the respect and support of various constituencies, including board and staff members, donors and foundations.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills. Persuasive communicator
- Strong marketing skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Superior professionalism and judgment.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources.
- Willingness and ability to attend evening and weekend performances, meetings and events on a regular basis.
Compensation: Compensation for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letters to Chip Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for General Manager”.
It is the policy of Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte to provide equal opportunity to all persons regardless of age, race, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression. ATC endorses the goals of diversity, inclusion, and the principles of equal opportunity in all of its practices.