ASC Education School Grants Program
ASC Education School Grants ensure that Culture For All reaches PreK-12 students across the region. Through these grants, public and independent schools can access professional artists, scientists, historians and other cultural providers for education specific programming. This programming may involve on-site cultural experiences or visits to local cultural organizations. It could even include professional development for teaching staff.
ASC Education School Grants are meant to support the placement of professional artists, scientists, historians, and other cultural providers in Grades PreK-12 (public and independent schools) for curriculum-based residencies, workshops, day trips, assemblies/performances, out of school experiences, and/or professional development for teachers. Programs may either use Cultural Educators working on-site in the school setting and/or day trips to cultural institutions for performances or exhibitions. Programs may occur during the regular school day or after school.
Money has been set aside for public, charter, private, parochial, and independent schools in Mecklenburg County.
- All accredited schools in Mecklenburg County are eligible to apply for up to $1,600 in funding, on a first-come, first-served basis. Grants will be awarded to schools who meet the requirements and submit paperwork by the deadlines. In the event that additional funding becomes available, additional grant money will be awarded to schools in need on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Participate
This is the fifth year of the ASC Education School Grants Program. Each school must designate one “Arts & Science Cultural Arts Representative” (ASCAR) to be the liaison between ASC and the Providers your school hires. The ASCAR or another representative from your school must attend a Grants training session AND the Expo in order utilize the ASC School Grant funds.
ASC Cultural Education Expo
The ASC Cultural Education Expo will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2016 at the Knight Theater (430 S. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202). Come meet 70+ Providers from the Education Provider Directory, see snippets of performances and win door prizes for yourself and your school. Food trucks will be on site for lunch, and there will be a Kids Zone for kids of all ages!
There have been some tweaks to the program for the 2016-2017 school year. Returning reps should be sure to look over the Grant Manual to ensure compliance with the guidelines for this year.
ASC Grant Applications (Spending Plans) are due to ASC on September 23, 2016. Additional details are forthcoming.
Max Grant Amount
$1,600. Please see eligibility above.
There are no matching requirements. If a school chooses to spend more than their allotted amount, ASC will invoice the school for the overage.
How to Apply
Please read the ASC Education School Grants Program Manual. ONLY Providers listed in the ASC Education Provider Directory can be hired with ASC Education School Grants Program funds. To access the Education Provider Directory, click here. The application is due on Sept. 23, 2016. This document can only be submitted online via the link below. The 2016-2017 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in October must be received by Erin Elliott by September 28, 2016. For Programs occurring November – May, Provider Contracts must be received by Erin Elliott by October 31, 2016. Only schools who meet these deadlines will be eligible for grant funding in the 2016-2017 school year. All of these documents will be made available below in the Important Documents section.
August 27, 2016
- ASC Cultural Education Expo at the Knight Theater at Levine Center for the Arts. Each school must send one representative to the Expo to be eligible for grant funding in 2016-2017.
September 23, 2016
- Application (Spending Plan) deadline. All applications must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
September 28, 2016
- 2016-2017 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in October must be received by Erin Elliott by September 28, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
October 31, 2016
- 2016-2017 Provider Contracts for Programs occurring in November – May must be received by Erin Elliott by October 31, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
May 1, 2017
- Grant overages are due to ASC by May 1, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Important 2016-2017 Documents
- ASC Education School Grants Program Manual 2016-2017
- Grants Checklist for ASCARs
- Grant Application/Spending Plan
- ASC Provider Contract 2016-2017
- School Experience Info Form 2016-2017
- Welcome Letter 2016-2017
- School’s Evaluation of the Provider
- Access the guidelines and logos to acknowledge ASC support
For more information about grants for schools, contact Erin Elliott at email@example.com or call 704-335-3058.